Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
Actually seems from the radio like they somehow got the call right.

That's not the only call they've missed. They've let the Celtics manhandle the bulls under the basket several times tonight and would call the same thing going the other way.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
This has been some terrible officiating.

I felt the same way after last night with the Jazz and Lakers. But at least the Bulls have, or should have a shot at this series. Boston, L.A., and Cleveland will get the calls or lack of calls this year.

Maybe there should be an Oceans 14 with NBA refs, haha.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
The Bulls should put someone into the game and have them just lay out Rondo here.

I watch these games and I want to commit acts of violence so badly. I don't want to single out Rose in particular tonight, but just some dumbass plays on the court tonight.

I don't know what they are going to do going forward to get some better players around Rose. I just didn't want to see him shooting at all at the end of this game unless it was a lay-up.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
the whole team choked away an 11 pt. 4th quarter lead by playing crappy basketball.

Yes they did. I was screaming at my tv to get Kirk back in the damn game. Yet he didn't come back in till it was down to 3 or so.

That play at the end of OT should not of been run with Mr. Roboto. Someone athletic like Thomas would of gone hard to the hole and dunked it.

I don't think that should of been a flagrant on Rondo, though.

Plays at the end of regulation and OT, Rose doesn't touch the ball once.

you have to make a play on the ball....rondo didnt...thats flagrant for sure and the refs have to have the stones to call that....still the bulls should have won without that call....awful collapse. KG is such a b****...i hate him so much...I can't believe Rondo is the same player i used to watch get walked on in college....Rose was horrid down the stretch...right now Rondo is the better player and its not even close

Yeah, I'm not sure how easy it is to finish a shot when you're getting punched in the face.

Please, he was slapped. Ben Gordon has a type 2 strain (small tear) in his hamstring, yet he makes the shots and the free throws (those three he made when that dumbass Allen fouled him was huge) that count. Kirk Hinrich had stiches above his eye, Salmons a pulled groin, f***ing Noah who is a pretty bad free throw shooter, made some clutch free throws when it was in the 4th quarter, etc.. Like I said, he choked. But no I won't blame this loss on him, cause who knows, we still mighta loss in the 2nd OT. The bulls let the game slip and had a hard time finishing off teams (its been like that all season) Del Negro had some poor designed plays when it mattered. (love the play for Miller.. but like someone pointed out it shoulda been for an athletic big like Tyrus or Noah for an easy dunk with their quickness) We gotta regroup and win at home. If we lose this series, I'd rather it be back in Boston.

Watching the replay again; I'm kinda surprised Miller didn't step back and try to hit a 3 on the last shot. Not ideal by any means, but was an option.

Hell a couple steps in, he had an easy jump shot, but Miller actually did the smart thing. He is just too slow to get to the basket.

the nba is damn near unwatchable due to the refs being consistently atrocious.

someone on boston drives to the hoop doesnt get touched = foul 3 point play

someone on chicago drives gets fouled by three people = no call

that last foul on rondo is a flagrant every time no matter how much time is on the clock. he didnt make any attempt at the ball. not even close.

that doesnt excuse miller for going up soft and missing the free throw.

i would send aaron gray out there to clothesline rondo early in the next game.

also, the bulls need to learn how to foul hard in general. if the refs are going to call garbage when boston goes to the rim you might as well knock them down.

Caller on the postgame show suggested that switching out Tyrus or Noah on to Pierce for that 3rd shot, putting a shot blocker in his face, might have been an effective method. Wennington wanted a double team. Whatever, anything else other than "Do the exact same thing" would have been a positive. Damnit Vinny.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Hell even Charles Barkley said it was a flagrant which many here agree with, though Miller mighta still missed the free throw anyway.

But on a flagrant, it would have been 2 shots and possession, so even if he'd missed one, we'd have had about 2 seconds to throw the ball back in and attempt another shot.

Few thoughts about the game.

-It was a flagrant. Rondo made NO play on that ball whatsoever.

-Yeah, Miller should of made those FT's.

-Where was Tyrus all of OT?

-I really wouldn't mind punching KG in the mouth right now, really Tony Allen you wanna talk s***? You were getting burned by BG the ENTIRE game.

-VDN should really stand up for his guys, it's okay to yell at the refs every once in awhile.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
-Where was Tyrus all of OT?

VDN's been using his small, 4 guard lineup with either Noah or Miller down the stretch the last 2 games and only putting in TT when he really needs a rebound. To be fair, TT has been to my eyes more effective in the first half than in the 2nd half of these games, but that's one of those things I've been b*tching at VDN about all season.