Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
VDN's been using his small, 4 guard lineup with either Noah or Miller down the stretch the last 2 games and only putting in TT when he really needs a rebound. To be fair, TT has been to my eyes more effective in the first half than in the 2nd half of these games, but that's one of those things I've been b*tching at VDN about all season.
It's hard to be effective when you're not in the game. We also need as much defensive help as possible, and though Thomas isn't great defensively, he has height and athleticism. It'd be nice to see some of those Pierce fade-away 15-footers shoved back in his face.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 12:20 AM)
Im really hoping the Bulls can pull this series out somehow so Orlando can roll them in round 2

You better worry about Philly 1st. You were hiding for a couple weeks, don't just come out of the woodwork now. Let me guess, we are going to have a DBAHO appearance tomorrow morning.

NBA officiating makes the games nearly unwatchable. I mean, seriously, Rondo rakes Miller across the face and a flagrant isn't called? There was obviously no effort to make a play on the ball there. And they reviewed it too. TWICE! Inexcusable.

Rose and Salmons got hammered multiple times down low, but when Rondo gets his jersey grazed it's a foul. Just a very frustrating time to be a Bulls fan right now.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
You better worry about Philly 1st. You were hiding for a couple weeks, don't just come out of the woodwork now. Let me guess, we are going to have a DBAHO appearance tomorrow morning.

Oh please, Orlando hasn't had anything to be worried about.

Philly won two games on buzzer beaters, one game they had no business being in anyways. This could have easily been a sweep, Orlando probably just overlooked them and it still takes everything Philly possibly has to barely win. I haven't been worried. When Philly is winning games comfortably, maybe ill worry. Or how about just one win from them where they don't have to make some huge comeback and hit a buzzer beater.

Chicago aint winnin anyways, so its not really gonna matter.. I don't post much in here because 1 its all Bulls talk and 2 I wasn't worried about Orlando, they have been fine.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)
Oh please, Orlando hasn't had anything to be worried about.

Philly won two games on buzzer beaters, one game they had no business being in anyways. This could have easily been a sweep, Orlando probably just overlooked them and it still takes everything Philly possibly has to barely win. I haven't been worried. When Philly is winning games comfortably, maybe ill worry. Or how about just one win from them where they don't have to make some huge comeback and hit a buzzer beater.

Chicago aint winnin anyways, so its not really gonna matter.. I don't post much in here because 1 its all Bulls talk and 2 I wasn't worried about Orlando, they have been fine.

Orlando would lose to this Boston team 4-1 . You guys just don't have the heart. Philly has no business hanging with Orlando.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
Orlando would lose to this Boston team 4-1 . You guys just don't have the heart. Philly has no business hanging with Orlando.

Sure man, I forgot that the Bulls were team heart of the NBA.

And Philly isn't hanging with Orlando. They pulled some huge comeback out of their ass in game 1 and hit a buzzer beater. Orlando won game 2 comfortably. Game 3, another buzzer beater on a tough layup. Game 4, Orlando was up 10 with like 2 minutes left and Philly comes back again but Orlando gets its chance at a buzzer beater. And then tonight, comfortable win again.

The fact that this could VERY easily have been a sweep, I wouldn't say Philly has been hanging with them. More like Orlando has been playing with their head in their ass.

The refs were awful tonight, but the Bulls, just as they did in game 2, blew a bunch of chances to win this game/put it away (really, that happened in games 1 and 4 too, but they won so people ignore it). They simply can't close out games, and if the Bulls lose this series, it will be for that reason. The Bulls have really been their own worst enemy, well that and Rajon Rondo. Derrick Rose REALLY needs some work on the defensive end of the floor.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
And Philly isn't hanging with Orlando.

Hmm...so the game 1 comeback isn't hanging with Orlando? A late game winner in Game 3 isn't hanging with Orlando? The fact that Orlando needed a late game winner in Game 4 mean that Philly wasn't hanging around? Games 2 & 5 were the only games where Orlando didn't have to worry about Philly hanging around...

Am I wrong?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:10 PM)
Hmm...so the game 1 comeback isn't hanging with Orlando? A late game winner in Game 3 isn't hanging with Orlando? The fact that Orlando needed a late game winner in Game 4 mean that Philly wasn't hanging around? Games 2 & 5 were the only games where Orlando didn't have to worry about Philly hanging around...

Am I wrong?

Maybe my definition of being able to hang with someone is different than yours. Getting dominated for the majority of the series and then having to make a double digit comeback and hit two buzzer beaters doesn't really make me believe Philly can hang with Orlando. It looks more to me like Orlando thought they would have a walk through and didn't play to their potential at times in this series.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
Ahh yes, the old "it's 2-2, and if not for a 3 at the horn, could have possibly been 3-1" series in which one team isn't hanging with another one. See those all the time.

Maybe if only 1 game had been like that, ide agree.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 12:21 AM)

Why should anyone who is a fan of another team come to this thread? As long as the Bulls are in the playoffs then this should be a Bulls thread. No one is talking about the other series.

I'm a Boston Bruins fan and I dont see the point in talkingabout them on the NHL thread because everyone is talking about the Blackhawks and rightfully so.

Youre calling out others because youre pissed that your season is about over. And saying the Celtics would have won 4-1 over Orlando is just stupid and childish. An Orlando/Boston series would look exactly the same as the Chicago/Boston series.

And let me save you from commenting about the Magic to me because you see I'm from Orlando. I havent liked the Magic since the since before the 50 game season. I lost interest in the NBA after the strike and now only watch because I like basketball, not to root for any team. I actually root against Orlando so them possibly winning a series sucks.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)
I've lost pretty much all respect for KG. Boston has made him a big-headed piece of s***.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7b/fullj.1d...lls_celtics.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/660123b...7784935a4ab.jpg

What a b****.

Yeah, I didn't realize the extent of how annoying KG is until watching this series. He and Paul Pierce have been really pissing me off. Every time the cameras show Pierce, he's b****ing/whining/complaining to the refs about something. And every time they show KG, he's barking or yelling or some other annoying bulls*** no one wants to see.

f*** Boston. I hate all their fans and all their sports teams. Living with a guy from Boston last year really pushed my hatred for that city's sports fans over the top.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)
Cleveland's going to win the east anyways, and do so without being challenged, so it's not like much of this matters. It'd be nice to see the Bulls win this series and have a shot to play next round and see what happens though.

The Cavs are gonna beat the Lakers in the Finals,James is going to make Kobe his b****...

Rose is pretty much worthless defensively,Rondo actually looks like an All Star with Rose' bad defense.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:03 AM)
Why should anyone who is a fan of another team come to this thread? As long as the Bulls are in the playoffs then this should be a Bulls thread. No one is talking about the other series.

Because this is the NBA thread and there is a Bulls message board that they can go to and talk only Bulls if they so desire.

But yes, this is basically a Bulls thread.

The refs really tanked last night, I'm betting the media from Boston's comments and articles really got into their heads. Anytime anyone touched Rondo it was a foul. Its really pathetic how bad the officiating swings due to coaches and media pressure.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
Anyone else notice the evil stare Rose gave Gordon after Gordon's off balance jumper to end regulation? Basically a, "you know you were supposed to get me the ball, but you wanted to be the hero" look.

Maybe it was a "why did you stand there for 10 seconds before trying to make a move" look. Dumb play by Gordon.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
Maybe it was a "why did you stand there for 10 seconds before trying to make a move" look. Dumb play by Gordon.
Gordon took terrible shots all through the 4th quarter and OT. He was bailed out on that awful three attempt by Tony Allen's foul.