Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
I's find that statement funny too if I knew very little about sports. If you knew anything at all, you'd know that an all-star PG who averaged 17pts/5 assists per game is a big blow to any team.

because Orlando really missed a beat without him?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
because Orlando really missed a beat without him?

Well Nelson is certainly a better player than Rafer Alston.

I cringe if Rafer's shooting more than 5 times a game, because more often than not, he's a 30-35% shooter, and that just ain't gonna get it done.

And the Lakers are going to double team Dwight with Fisher and force Alston to hit that open 3.

Hence why I think Nelson could be a real X - factor in this series if he got his outside shot going.

We played absolutely terrible, but Dwight needs to spin more to the baseline and not force himself to go the middle, Lewis needs to pick it up and drive it better, while Lee needs to go slashing to the hoop again.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
Well Nelson is certainly a better player than Rafer Alston.

I cringe if Rafer's shooting more than 5 times a game, because more often than not, he's a 30-35% shooter, and that just ain't gonna get it done.

And the Lakers are going to double team Dwight with Fisher and force Alston to hit that open 3.

Hence why I think Nelson could be a real X - factor in this series if he got his outside shot going.

We played absolutely terrible, but Dwight needs to spin more to the baseline and not force himself to go the middle, Lewis needs to pick it up and drive it better, while Lee needs to go slashing to the hoop again.

I agree Nelson is an awesome player, but you can't compare KG and Nelson.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:14 AM)
I agree Nelson is an awesome player, but you can't compare KG and Nelson.

Nobody was specifically comparing the 2. Each team lost an all star player. End of story.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
Nobody was specifically comparing the 2. Each team lost an all star player. End of story.

Please stop. One is a 12-time All-star, a former MVP AND DPOY and future HOF. Jameer Nelson played a good half of basketball this year. The Celtics were done the moment it became clear KG was out for the playoffs. That's impact.

Finally, a bball game goes as I expected. The Lakers are so much better on paper than the Magic it isn't even funny. I expect this to go 5 at the most, in fact I'd bet a significant amount of money on that. I laughed at all the f***ing idiots saying how explosive Orlando was. News flash, they aren't. They are excellently coached though and I was pissed that they beat Cleveland cause I was really hoping Van Gundy was going to get axed and we could hire him to replace Del Negro.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
To be fair,it wasn't an easy shot.

He had two great looks at the basket in the last 10 seconds of regulation, one of them a layup at the horn, and he missed them both. Even though they aren't the same scenario at all (what Anderson did was far more egregious, and in game 1 at home to boot), 2009 Courtney Lee=1995 Nick Anderson.

Orlando let the game slip through their fingers.

Courtney Lee definitely became a scapegoat after that play. Great play call by SVG, and though the pass wasn't as accurate as you might like, he had the shot. But I don't think it's on a Nick Anderson level at all. Nick had 4 chances to hit 1 free throw. That was a massive chokejob, one of the worst I've ever seen.

Why is Redick playing this much though? Give Anthony Johnson some minutes. He's played well at spots in these playoffs, is the only guy on the Magic with Finals experience. He's a better option than JJ.

31-27 LA after 1q.

Rafer Alston is getting that friendly roll at home. He's very aggressive, getting guys in their spots and hitting his open looks.

Kobe is hot. 17 points, 2-2 3pt, 3asts already. That 4-point play with 30 secs left seemed to suck the air right out of the crowd. He smells blood.

59-54, ORL @ half.

A Finals record 75% shooting for Orl in the first half, and they're only up 5. Gotta be nervous if you're Stan Van.

The 2nd quarter highlighted LA's vulnerability in the pick-and-roll. Orlando was pretty much getting whatever shot they wanted when they didn't just settle for 3s and penetrated.

Edited by Ron

You almost gotta feel sorry for the Magic,shooting almost 70% and still can't pull away from the Lakers...hope I'm wrong but I think Kobe is gonna show us why he's still the best player in the world in my opinion.