Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 07:33 AM)
How did Salmons slip under the radar so long? That guy can fill it up, and he is pretty efficient

Playing in Sacramento will do that for you.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
Playing in Sacramento will do that for you.

Kevin Martin had no problem getting recognition when people figured out he could play. I barely knew who Salmons was when the trade was made, now I watch the guy play and wonder how nobody really noticed him

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
Kevin Martin had no problem getting recognition when people figured out he could play. I barely knew who Salmons was when the trade was made, now I watch the guy play and wonder how nobody really noticed him

They built the team around Martin though.

And Sacramento always had a lot of swingmen. Salmons only really emerged last season IIRC.

Salmons should be a Raptor right now also, but he rejected a trade there earlier on in the season.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
The Spurs have major problems with Duncan's knee hurting and Ginobli out. Look for the Spurs to be bumped off in the first round of the playoffs.

I have the Jazz and Lakers as the conference finalists in the West ATM.

I don't think you can ever rule out the Spurs though.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
John Salmons=Larry Hughes right guyz?!?1

well to be fair hughes has averaged 19.9 over his last 9 games (since taking over as a full time player) and Salmons has averaged 20.9

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:47 AM)
Anybody else expecting a Bulls loss tonight? Thats been their MO the past few weeks. Look great at home, beating all the top teams in the league, then head on the road, and get beat by lottery teams. I'm hoping they dont lose, but its just what they have been doing. I'm sure the 8-man rotation doesnt help the back-to back games either.

It's not surprising for a team like the Bulls to play much more solid at home on the road and to struggle in back to back games. They're poorly coached and young, so they aren't good at handling pressure on the road and their rotations have been silliness all season.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
The Spurs have major problems with Duncan's knee hurting and Ginobli out. Look for the Spurs to be bumped off in the first round of the playoffs.

They say this all the time. I'll believe that when it happens.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
well to be fair hughes has averaged 19.9 over his last 9 games (since taking over as a full time player) and Salmons has averaged 20.9

Larry Hughes FG% w/NY: 41.9

John Salmons FG% w/CHI: 50.3

There is no question Hughes can score, it's just a question of how many shots it takes to get him there. His FG% has still been weak with the Knicks while Salmons has been absolutely rock solid since coming over. The two are hardly comparable.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:59 AM)
Bulls FINALLY won a road game tonight. On a side note, I saw this on facebook tonight with the caption reading "Vinny Del Negro's playbook" and found it quite funny:

n30809550_37631785_1775.jpg

And the Thunder have beaten some pretty good teams lately also.

Looks like it'll be them and the Bucks scrapping all the way to the end for that #8 spot.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:22 PM)
And the Thunder have beaten some pretty good teams lately also.

Looks like it'll be them and the Bucks scrapping all the way to the end for that #8 spot.

After looking at the standings...Charlotte and the NY teams still have a shot too if they can string a few wins together. Weirdly enough, the Pistons are only 2 games ahead of the Bulls for the 7 spot, and they're, um, trending downwards.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
After looking at the standings...Charlotte and the NY teams still have a shot too if they can string a few wins together. Weirdly enough, the Pistons are only 2 games ahead of the Bulls for the 7 spot, and they're, um, trending downwards.

I fear the Bobcats the most.

Edited by rangercal

The early 4th quarter last night was as painful to watch as it gets, as the Bulls starters were run off the floor in pathetic fashion by the Lakers bench. It's one thing to get beat by Kobe, but they should be ashamed for what happened last night, as Los Angeles made a 21-6 run with 4 bench players on the floor and Kobe on the bench.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
The early 4th quarter last night was as painful to watch as it gets, as the Bulls starters were run off the floor in pathetic fashion by the Lakers bench. It's one thing to get beat by Kobe, but they should be ashamed for what happened last night, as Los Angeles made a 21-6 run with 4 bench players on the floor and Kobe on the bench.

The worst part to me is that when the Lakers stepped out to a 10 point lead in like a minute and a half, Vinny didnt even call a TO to stop it, he let Farmar hit another 3 to push the lead to 13 before he called a timeout. And it was just one bad decision after another, Gordon traveled, threw the ball away to the lakers under their own basket, got trapped and gave it up. Rose tried to dribble behind his back, dropped it, got trapped, threw it away. Miller missed at least 3 bunnies.

And then the lakers run the same drop screen for Farmar and Vujucic and the Lakers started hitting 3s like there was no tomorrow. It was an UGLY last 10 minutes of that game