Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
He needs to have his own damn building in the Hall.

There was a good article by Adrian Wojnarowski suggesting just that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aikq...o&type=lgns

It's been over 10 years since he retired (The Wizards years never happened as far as I'm concerned), and there's still just no way to 100% put into words or fully describe his overall impact on the game, sports and society in general.

I was hoopin' at the park the other day and some kid, who couldn't have been anymore than 10 years old, was sticking out his tongue and doin' Jordan's famous fist pump as he drove to the basket and after made baskets. This kid should be mimicking Kobe or Lebron. Not a guy who was just about retired from the game before he was even born.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
There was a good article by Adrian Wojnarowski suggesting just that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aikq...o&type=lgns

It's been over 10 years since he retired (The Wizards years never happened as far as I'm concerned), and there's still just no way to 100% put into words his overall impact on the game, sports and society in general.

Yeah when I was overseas and I'd tell people I was from Chicago they'd go "ohhh Michael Jordan"!

So I get the NY feed for tonights Bulls-Knicks game and apparently Larry Hughes is making a big fuss about Pax not sending him a courtesy call and only a text(when he was traded to NY). The Knicks pregame team were siding with Hughes to the point where they were questioning the Bulls Organization as a whole.

This post is brought to you by:

http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com/

Edited by rangercal

Walt Frazier's pick for Rookie of The Year is OJ Mayo

His reason is because mayo is a better shooter than Rose.

Maybe so, but I will still take Rose's 47.1 fg % over Mayo's 43.4 fg% (even though I know this is due to better shot selection and drives to the hoop rather than high volume 3pt shots Mayo takes)

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
Walt Frazier's pick for Rookie of The Year is OJ Mayo

His reason is because mayo is a better shooter than Rose.

Maybe so, but I will still take Rose's 47.1 fg % over Mayo's 43.4 fg% (even though I know this is due to better shot selection and drives to the hoop rather than high volume 3pt shots Mayo takes)

Mayo is a slightly taller Ben Gordon. I'm calling it right now. He can't do anything but chuck up shots. He makes a lot of them, but he's a one dimensional player.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Mayo is a slightly taller Ben Gordon. I'm calling it right now. He can't do anything but chuck up shots. He makes a lot of them, but he's a one dimensional player.

SMH. Mayo is pretty damn good defensively already. He has all-defensive potential. He also is a great play-maker. Thing is, he has a poor squad with and Rudy isnt anywhere as good as last year.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
SMH. Mayo is pretty damn good defensively already. He has all-defensive potential. He also is a great play-maker. Thing is, he has a poor squad with and Rudy isnt anywhere as good as last year.

He is a shade under his averages in about every category, otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
He is a shade under his averages in about every category, otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

Ask Grizzlies fans. You got to watch him play and you realize that he's had a year where his impact on the game is Luol Deng like.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 12:05 AM)
Ask Grizzlies fans. You got to watch him play and you realize that he's had a year where his impact on the game is Luol Deng like.

You're not exactly selling him very hard there, are you?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
You're not exactly selling him very hard there, are you?

I'm not saying he's terrible, but his impact is that of when Luol Deng was even having decent games. Somehow at the end of the game, he ends up with his stats, but no one knows how he exactly got them outside a few games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
1/2 game out of the 6th seed and the Magic.

That would be huge and as has been mentioned on the broadcast many times. the 76ers have a tough schedule to the finish. I think it's 1.5 games out though, not .5.

Edited by maggsmaggs