Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cleveland's main goal is to win a championship. That's obvious. That's why MB decided to bench all his starters.

but what if...

and I realize this is highly unlikely.....

what if Cleveland's intention was to have a hand in Bos playing the Bulls.

I could think of many reasons why Cle would want Boston to play the bulls rather than philly.

Just something to think about. I'm bored.

I see the Magic sweeping this series but I'll play safe and say Magic in 5.

Other than the Atlanta/Miami series, the Eastern Conference first round series' will be pretty boring.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (Ron @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Bulls are losing in 5. I can see them getting 1 win fueled by the UC home crowd. But Boston is too talented, too experienced.

I don't/didn't have great expectations for the Bulls in the playoffs anyway. Right now, the main concern should be to get Rose as much experience as possible in the post-season and maybe eek out a win or two. If things go really well, maybe make this a series.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
Win a home game against a f***ing lottery team and you don't gotta worry about this. Dumbasses.

Shades of 2007 when they were a win away against an average Nets (although they're like 1-58 in NJ since the dynasty ended) team from a #2 seed and a free pass to the conference finals. Boston in 5.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)
Shades of 2007 when they were a win away against an average Nets (although they're like 1-58 in NJ since the dynasty ended) team from a #2 seed and a free pass to the conference finals. Boston in 5.

I was excited for a possible matchup with the Magic, now I'm at Walgreens buying lube for fear of what Boston may do to this team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)

Yup, we ended up falling to 5, where we soon after trounced the defending champion Miami Heat 4-0 in the first round. No one wanted to face Miami that year after coming off a championship, and now no one wants to face Boston coming off a championship. Coincidence? We'll see.

John Salmons needs to lock down Paul Pierce, can't say that enough.

I see Boston winning in 5 though.

Don't think the Bulls can stop all of Rondo, Allen and Pierce, and they don't have a low post scorer to exploit no Garnett.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
John Salmons needs to lock down Paul Pierce, can't say that enough.

I see Boston winning in 5 though.

Don't think the Bulls can stop all of Rondo, Allen and Pierce, and they don't have a low post scorer to exploit no Garnett.

I see your Rondo, Allen and Pierce and raise you Rose,Gordon,Salmons