Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
Wade makes about $14 mil, so money isn't a terribly big issue. Hinrich or Hughes make up the bulk of it, and Nocioni or Gooden can take up a pretty big chunk as well. The bigger issue is talent, I have a hard time seeming them do it with out getting at least 2 more key pieces besides #1.

So Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas maybe?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 07:17 AM)
I hope this ends up being a boring night.I want Rose and I dont want Pax doing something crazy and making some weird trade where we dont get Rose.

It sounds as if Rose is a lock to Chicago. The question is do we see some combination of Hinrich/Gordon/Tyrus Thomas heading elsewhere for Shawn Marion or Dwayne Wade or the #2 overall draft pick.

Marion's an expiring contract though, so he's pretty valuable.

I don't think Hinrich + Thomas would be enough (just that both guys' stock are way down on previous seasons).

Marion and Banks for Odom and Walton or just straight up for Brand is more likely IMHO.

Hinrich to the Bucks though, is something I could certainly see happening. Maybe a 3 way trade where they give up Redd or Maurice Williams / Villenueva.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
http://www.talkchicagosports.com/blog/?p=106

That link has a bunch of the more recent/prominent Bulls rumors. However, the idea of the Bulls picking up Beasley & Rose is growing steam amongst those who have connections with the Bulls (per KC Johnson).

where did KC say this?

However, the idea of the Bulls picking up Beasley & Rose is growing steam amongst those who have connections with the Bulls (per KC Johnson).

How would that even be possible though? I might have missed it on this thread. Outside of Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas, I can't think of what would be worth the #2 pick overall.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
where did KC say this?

Online chat. He also said how Bickerstaff and Del harris are both expected to be hired as assistants. In addition, he mentioned that Brand is one of the key off-season targets (and the Wade love) and how both Brand & Wade's people have given indications that they would be quite interested in playing in Chicago.

On top of that there was mention of the Bulls going after Al Harrington with the MLE.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
On top of that there was mention of the Bulls going after Al Harrington with the MLE.

Is he even a FA?

I thought I heard his name mentioned in the Baron Davis for Wallace and Billups talk a few days ago.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)
How would that even be possible though? I might have missed it on this thread. Outside of Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas, I can't think of what would be worth the #2 pick overall.

Deng is apparently available, but I don't think the Bulls would trade Deng straight up for the 2nd overall pick. I could see a Deng/Hinrich for 2nd pick & Marion deal though (or something along these lines). I guess it depends on how true the varying reports are regarding the worth of the 2nd pick and Marion.

You see some places which say the Heat are going to give up the 2 & Marion for Elton Brand and than others indicating Marion for the Knicks pick and Marbury (where they buy him out, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense).

I'll say it now, the #2 pick is worth more than Luol Deng.

Beasley will easily be a 20/10 player in the NBA, while Deng is basically a 2nd / 3rd offensive option on a good team.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)
Is he even a FA?

I thought I heard his name mentioned in the Baron Davis for Wallace and Billups talk a few days ago.

Interesting because he's not a FA, but I've seen a few places saying the Bulls will be going after him using the MLE.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
Technically they can still work out a trade though, it just can't be official as of today.

This has happened several times in the draft in previous years. They'll make an annoucement saying that the two teams have "agreed to a deal in principle" but all of the details and technicalities won't get ironed out until mid-summer.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
Technically they can still work out a trade though, it just can't be official as of today.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
But, you can agree in principal and announce it "unofficially" so it basically locks both side into the deal.

I guess....you still need to know the cap number, and the other team will want to know what kind of contract they're trading for. You might be able to agree to a trade on the condition that such-and-such an extension is agreed to, or something like that, but since the Bulls reportedly haven't talked contract with either, yet, it's probably not the type of trade you'd announce -- still too much to be worked out.