Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
....yeah, you're going to have to explain this one to me.

Have you ever heard him talk? Count how many times he says "Um" during any given sentence.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrus Thomas has a really low Basketball IQ.

Dumb over-the-back fouls... slap-blocking balls out of bounds when he could tap them to a teammate... he doesn't get "it" whatever that means.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Have you ever heard him talk? Count how many times he says "Um" during any given sentence.

DR1 isn't media savvy yet -- but atleast he isn't Magglio or Hester bad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
every single screen Davis and Perkins have been setting have been moving.

Eh that's a pretty cheap foul to call IMO, especially this late in the game.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Tyrus Thomas has a really low Basketball IQ.

Dumb over-the-back fouls... slap-blocking balls out of bounds when he could tap them to a teammate... he doesn't get "it" whatever that means.

And yet we're actually doing a solid job holding Perkins and Davis under wraps this game, Tyrus has been fairly effective on D according to the numbers, even if he hasn't racked up the stats today.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)

Depends on how blatant it is. If it's as obvious as the elbow Rondo threw earlier...

thoughts after three quarters:

Rondo is the biggest punk in the league. I want someone to lay him out, for the good of the game. Perkins and that whiny b**** face is also getting old.

Allen is ridiculous. The majority of his shots not only go in, but they go in without hitting the rim.

I loved the comparison with Rose and Parker - if only Rose can get a consistent jump shot, he'll go from good to f'n awesome (agree on whoever said his defense sucks though...that's something he can work on).

Noah and Thomas need to slow the freak down, calm down, and play basketball. I love the energy, but damn sometimes they make the dumbest mistakes (stupid passes, horrible fouls, etc.

Gordon has taken approximately 19 terrible shots this game. Great if he's hitting his shots (and open), terrible when he's not.

Bulls should be up at least 15 in this game. Basically it's the same story this series - get a lead, get all excited, forget there's 30, 20, 10 minutes left, give up big lead. Rinse, repeat.

Edit: Forgot to add that Hinrich is probably the best Bulls player the last 2-3 games (in the time he's played).

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)

Bulls***. A moving pick is a much more important foul to call than the crap reaches and body fouls they have been calling. They have been clearing space by using moving picks for 3 pointers all game. Thats a foul you have to call.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Bulls***. A moving pick is a much more important foul to call than the crap reaches and body fouls they have been calling. They have been clearing space by using moving picks for 3 pointers all game. Thats a foul you have to call.

You call it early, but if you're not going to call it then be consistent. I remember like 10 years ago they called one on Rodman and I was pissed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
Bulls should be up at least 15 in this game. Basically it's the same story this series - get a lead, get all excited, forget there's 30, 20, 10 minutes left, give up big lead. Rinse, repeat.

That's 12.

Hold it together team!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
VDN keeping Gordon on the bench way too long. Not only that, he pulled Miller right as the offense was clicking.

It's the defense on Allen that's killing us right now