Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2009 -> 12:18 AM)
I've seen enough!

BEST.SERIES.EVER!

Nothing will ever top Michael, Scottie and the gang conquering the basketball world 6 times in 8 years. But for one series, and only one series, this one is as good as I've ever witnessed.

I dunno, those 90s series against NY every year were pretty epic.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)
I dunno, those 90s series against NY every year were pretty epic.

Indeed they were. But we've seen history in this series. 4 OT's with one going double OT and tonight's game going triple OT? Guys from both teams continuously stepping up and hitting big shot after big shot after big shot. No adjectives left to describe what we've witnessed so far.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Indeed they were. But we've seen history in this series. 4 OT's with one going double OT and tonight's game going triple OT? Guys from both teams continuously stepping up and hitting big shot after big shot after big shot. No adjectives left to describe what we've witnessed so far.

Not to mention that no Bulls team had ever won a game against the Celtics in the playoffs (0-11). I'm really proud of this team. I was not expecting this.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
Not to mention that no Bulls team had ever won a game against the Celtics in the playoffs (0-11). I'm really proud of this team. I was not expecting this.

As proud as I am of this team, the Bulls win this series a long time ago with a legit, veteran NBA coach.

This isn't nearly the best series ever (the level of defensive play and mistakes are impossible to overlook), but it's certainly the most exciting series I can remember seeing. This series is kind of a microcosm of why the NFL is popular in that the level of play has been hot and cold, but the games have been amazingly exciting and amazingly close. The Bulls need to just GET A LEAD AND HOLD ONTO IT in game 7. We know they can get leads, they need to finally hold one in the 7th game and win this thing.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2009 -> 12:04 AM)
As proud as I am of this team, the Bulls win this series a long time ago with a legit, veteran NBA coach.

Yep, it's over in 5 or 6 if they had one.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Really fun series to watch. Bulls probably wont win on Saturday, and it probably wont be close... but it was a great ride. Probably the most excited I've been about NBA basketball since the Warriors/Mavericks series a few years back.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 1, 2009 -> 12:36 AM)
Really fun series to watch. Bulls probably wont win on Saturday, and it probably wont be close... but it was a great ride. Probably the most excited I've been about NBA basketball since the Warriors/Mavericks series a few years back.

I agree they won't win, but I don't see how it won't be close. With the exception of the still hard to fathom game 3, this series has been nothing but close, and I think the Bulls have played better in Boston than in Chicago.

What a time to have Final Exams, huh? I missed the entire game tonight b/c I've been studying for my 8am exam in a few hours. I followed on Gamecast, but it wasn't the same. FML...

Btw, this has to be the best 1st round playoff series ever. Simply amazing.

I'm curious as to what kind of pep talk Vinny gives. Jalen Rose basically said on ESPN tonight this was the Bulls last hurrah. "They'll go out and celebrate and congratulate themselves....but Boston understands the magnitude of the situation." Are you s***tin' me Rose...bulletin board material if you ask me. Personally I'd like to think the pressure is on the Celtics in game 7. I hope Vinny impresses that upon these guys to just go out and do what's completely impressed the world so far and let it fly.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)

Its not the same beating Pierce,Allen and these Celtics to beating Bird,McHale,Havlicek and their legends.No way is this Celtic team as good as their previous champs so that point of saying these Bulls have done what MJ and those Bulls of yesteryear couldn't accomplish is

baloney...the 86 Celtics would've swept these Bulls,not even close.

That said...LET'S GO BULLS!!!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

I could not get over how bad of a coach VDN is. The inbouds plays had no creativity at all.

I am not a huge NBA fan but you can inbounds the ball into the backcourt can't you?

The Bulls are a better team than the Celtics right now. It would be a shame for them to lose. Rondo is a nice player that is being made into a legend becasue nobody is doing anythign about it. Somebody needs to challenge him at least a little.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 1, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
I could not get over how bad of a coach VDN is. The inbouds plays had no creativity at all.

^^^

Admittedly I haven't watched much Bulls this year but does he even draw up anything for inbound plays? Seems like they're just playing a pick up game.

I have watched Vinny time and time again draw up a play out of a time out that ends up having Tyrus take a jump shot. What the f*** is that?

They did well this year in spite of Vinny being a jackass and I hope Pax doesnt make the mistake to keep him here next year.

To the couple people who compare John Salmons and Larry Hughes...

Stop it.

To anyone who STILL has any unwarrented hate for Joakim Noah.....

Stop it.

btw.. if at all possible, I would LOVE to see pax attempt to unload Deng before any attempt to unload kirk. Kirk is definitely a difference maker when the going get's tough.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 1, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
To the couple people who compare John Salmons and Larry Hughes...

Stop it.

To anyone who STILL has any unwarrented hate for Joakim Noah.....

Stop it.

btw.. if at all possible, I would LOVE to see pax attempt to unload Deng before any attempt to unload kirk. Kirk is definitely a difference maker when the going get's tough.

Agreed. Kirk is the perfect combo guard off the bench. Deng is a piece of crap who's afraid and injury prone.

One thing I'd lie to say, the Bulls aren't that bad of a defensive team. They're actually pretty decent. What they are terrible at is rebounding. They are godawful. Like worse in the league. If it wasn't for all those second chance points they allow, guys like Big Baby and Kendrick Perkins would look like their normal average selves.

Salmons is pretty Hughes like when his shot isn't hitting. Thing is, he hits more times than not when he's healthy.

BTW, VDN will be retained. He's a rookie coach, making very little money, has been developing Tyrus, Noah and Rose, and still made the playoffs despite injuries galore.

There are some things VDN needs to work at, but he's made progress. If Skiles was our coach, we'd be playing better defense, but Rose would be sitting completely, Noah would be sitting, and Lindsey Hunter would be in our starting lineup.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 1, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
BTW, VDN will be retained. He's a rookie coach, making very little money, has been developing Tyrus, Noah and Rose, and still made the playoffs despite injuries galore.

There are some things VDN needs to work at, but he's made progress. If Skiles was our coach, we'd be playing better defense, but Rose would be sitting completely, Noah would be sitting, and Lindsey Hunter would be in our starting lineup.

Who said anything about Skiles? Look we dont owe VDN years of learning on the job. We are closer to really being a force than people think. Get a proven coach in here to give these guys basketball knowledge that has been attained from years of coaching experience instead of Vinny who will be learning as he goes for the next 3-4 years.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 1, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
Who said anything about Skiles? Look we dont owe VDN years of learning on the job. We are closer to really being a force than people think. Get a proven coach in here to give these guys basketball knowledge that has been attained from years of coaching experience instead of Vinny who will be learning as he goes for the next 3-4 years.

Disagreed. Salmons isn't young and if he keeps playing like he did before getting injured, we're going to let him go or waste a lot of cap space on him. Deng still sucks until further notice, Tyrus is still Tyrus and Derrick, minus one play is allergic to defense. We are a lot farther away than what people think.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 1, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
Disagreed. Salmons isn't young and if he keeps playing like he did before getting injured, we're going to let him go or waste a lot of cap space on him. Deng still sucks until further notice, Tyrus is still Tyrus and Derrick, minus one play is allergic to defense. We are a lot farther away than what people think.

If this is correct it proves all the more that we need an experienced coach in here. Why do you want the blind leading the blind?