Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
Anyone who wants to hear the radio call of Noah's slam by Swirsky, it's at about 1:00 in this ESPN clip.

channeling Al Michaels call on the MNF Antonio Freeman catch against the Vikes. Nice.

Just wanted to say that no matter what happens tonight that this has been a truly, truly special series. My interest in the NBA (outside of the Bulls) has been waning for a while now. This series is a reminder of how great the NBA can truly be at times. With that said, GO f***ING BULLS!

Anyone who wants to hear the radio call of Noah's slam by Swirsky, it's at about 1:00 in this ESPN clip.

Pretty boring overall. Not sure what the hype was about.

I want Stacey King going nuts after it!!!

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 2, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
I imagine most of the people watching in Chicago are watching on Comcast, but the TNT intro video got me really pumped up.

lol i just came back to the computer to talk about how awesome the CSN opening was! They used the Requiem of a Dream theme... it was awesome.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
And they completely screwed the Bulls out of a point. Unreal!!!!!

I am totally convinced they reviewed the wrong shot, I know exactly what you are talking about and you are right, he was at least 3 feet behind the stripe.

And Rondo pretty much jumped on top of Noah for a offensive rebound and wasnt called for it

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
I am totally convinced they reviewed the wrong shot, I know exactly what you are talking about and you are right, he was at least 3 feet behind the stripe.

And Rondo pretty much jumped on top of Noah for a offensive rebound and wasnt called for it

yah that was totally over the back... it looks like his hand got ball but his body was all over Noah's back.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
This might have already been covered... but how big of a failure was the "see red" campaign?

Yeah, I know. Disappointing, but it seems that the franchises that get it to work are the ones with less tradition. It means more to those fans to be in the playoffs so the fans buy into a gimmick like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
They gave Gordon a 2 pointer on a ball he was 5 feet behind the line. They better check that during the timeout.

I know, I even went back on the DVR because I thought TNT got it wrong. How do they not overturn that? Unreal.