Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 16, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
You could fill in that sentence with half of the first round of the '86 draft.

2nd rounder Iowa State walk on Jeff Hornacek had a pretty good career. There were a lot of decent players in the 2nd round.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 16, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
2nd rounder Iowa State walk on Jeff Hornacek had a pretty good career. There were a lot of decent players in the 2nd round.

2nd round and lower, there were a lot of good guys. Hornacek, Kevin Duckworth, Mark Price, Dennis Rodman, Nate McMillan, David Wingate, Anthony Bowie, Drazen Petrovic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
Anyone else remember Game 6 of the Kings/Lakers series like 8 years ago? The single worst officiated NBA game I've ever seen?

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it challenged here.

Wasn't the ref who got pinched for gambling officiating that game,I recall something to that effect...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 16, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
Wasn't the ref who got pinched for gambling officiating that game,I recall something to that effect...

I don't think he actually officiated that game, but I do know that he said 2 of the refs made calls in favor of the Lakers to extend the series to a Game 7.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 16, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
I don't think he actually officiated that game, but I do know that he said 2 of the refs made calls in favor of the Lakers to extend the series to a Game 7.

This is correct. However, he's going to jail as a liar anyway and giving up that information,whether it is correct or not, provided a benfit to him with no possible chance of a counter-suit or anything bad happening to him, so it's hard to give it 100% belief.

Goodbye Celtics.

Bout time you came thru Hedo.

Bring on the Cavs.

And before anyone calls it a sweep, we took the season series 2-1 on em this season, and lost by 4 to em in Cleveland.

I think it could easily go 6 or 7 here.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 17, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
awesome to see Boston dethroned! Good Job Orlando!

Shoulda been over a while ago

Im not sold on the Cavs getting a free trip to the Finals just yet.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 17, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
Shoulda been over a while ago

Im not sold on the Cavs getting a free trip to the Finals just yet.

Hedo's actually a decent matchup for Lebron defensively. I think James will have to do quite a bit of jump shooting with Howard in the key also.

The key matchup is that Rafer Alston can't let Mo Williams get 25 points a night.

And I'd start Lee again and tell him to shutdown Delonte West in the corner like he did with Eddie House this series.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 17, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
David Stern disagrees.

So do I.

The Magic stand a better chance than Detroit & Atlanta because they'll actually win a game more than likely. But if you think they're gonna win, then i've got some lakefront property in Iraq to sell you. Congrats Orlando, but you've just won the chance to be the next team to lose to Cleveland.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 17, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
So do I.

The Magic stand a better chance than Detroit & Atlanta because they'll actually win a game more than likely. But if you think they're gonna win, then i've got some lakefront property in Iraq to sell you. Congrats Orlando, but you've just won the chance to be the next team to lose to Cleveland.

This.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 18, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
I am so glad I dont have to hear about Boston anymore. Its like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders

They put up a damn valiant effort this playoffs without KG.

I hope dealing Jefferson was worth the 1 championship.

This is pathetic. It's not going to be because the refs are on Cleveland's side that the Magic are going to lose its because the Magic are the worse team. Magic will lose in 5, maybe 6, but it won't be a series, imo. There will be some close games but the series to watch is the Lakers/Nuggets.

LA played awful against the Rockets but they are a much better team than they showed and if they take care of business against Denver everyone will quickly forget the Houston debacle. All of the momentum starts right now. I think if Denver can pull game 1 though, than its there series to lose. I expect this to go 6 or 7 but if someone told me it ends in 4 or 5 than it means LA showed up and just whiped the floor with Denver. But in 6 or 7 I'm taking Denver.

But Denver is going to have to play D like they've been playing it. And all in all, this is going to be a very very exciting, up-tempo series.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 18, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
I would trade Rose for a championship.

But think where they could be with Al Jefferson and the other pieces they put around and having just gotten Ray Allen... I'm just saying.

You don't trade Rose for a Championship, because he hopefully will bring more than just one.

The good news for Orlando is that they actually were 2-1 against Cleveland this season. They absolutely are a good matchup against them, especially if Howard learned a thing or two about being a prime time player from the repeated call-outs against the Celtics. He can really cause trouble for the Cavs if he goes at it hard on offense and makes it hard for Lebron to get in the paint on D.

The bad news for Orlando is that Cleveland has the home court and referee advantages, and that's going to be nearly impossible to overcome. It'd be nice if Orlando could push it to 7.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
But think where they could be with Al Jefferson and the other pieces they put around and having just gotten Ray Allen... I'm just saying.

You don't trade Rose for a Championship, because he hopefully will bring more than just one.

Pierce-AL Jeff-Rondo-Big Baby-Jeff Green might be a top 3 team.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 18, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
Pierce-AL Jeff-Rondo-Big Baby-Jeff Green might be a top 3 team.

Except when KG-Pierce-Allen play together they are THE top team, as proven last season and prolly would have been again this season.

They made the right move. Hell they were still pretty good even without KG.