Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the nuggets can pull it off but I doubt it,tough to beat the Lakers becuz they got home court...Cavs in 6,regular season means nothing,example>>Rockets got swept by the Lakers in the reg but pushed it to 7 in playoffs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
The Nuggets will beat the Lakers in 6. I have no concern whatsoever. Picks 1 and 3 Lebron vs Melo. It'll be an awesome, up-tempo Finals.

I agree, I say it'll take 7 games though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
All of the people now doubting the Lakers is exactly what the Lakers need.

I'll always doubt the lakers, I'm a born laker hater. Unless they're playing the Celtics or the Knicks...who I hate more.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)
I'll always doubt the lakers, I'm a born laker hater. Unless they're playing the Celtics or the Knicks...who I hate more.

Plenty of reasons to doubt and/or hate them. I just have this feeling that they're getting the genuinely disrespected card on their side, and with the talent on their team, they're the ones you want being cocky if you hate them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Plenty of reasons to doubt and/or hate them. I just have this feeling that they're getting the genuinely disrespected card on their side, and with the talent on their team, they're the ones you want being cocky if you hate them.

This is the reason why I'm picking the Lakers. Personally, I want Denver to win.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
I'm really not sure what this means.

Jerry West came out today and said that Lebron is passing Kobe up in being the best player in the league. I too think, this is an empty statement. I mean, I think it's true but I don't think Jerry does.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
Griffin is a less mobile version of Michael Beasley.

And a more physical version. Nice job trying to knock Griffin without telling the entire story.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 19, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
And a more physical version. Nice job trying to knock Griffin without telling the entire story.

I said he was a less mobile Beasley. I never said that he wasn't a good player.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 19, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Blake Griffin is going to be a beast in the league. Whoever compared him to Beasley doesn't know Griffin. He is so much bigger and more powerful than Beasley and is still athletic as hell.

... yeah whoever that was <_>

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 19, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Blake Griffin is going to be a beast in the league. Whoever compared him to Beasley doesn't know Griffin. He is so much bigger and more powerful than Beasley and is still athletic as hell.

Beasley is a good player as well. He just smelled NBA cash and came out too early.

I am hoping that Griffin can do well at the next level.

But, (Kansas players aside) many backcourt Big 12 guys seem to suffer from a lack of touch in the pros and take extra time to develop.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 19, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
Beasley is a good player as well. He just smelled NBA cash and came out too early.

I am hoping that Griffin can do well at the next level.

But, (Kansas players aside) many backcourt Big 12 guys seem to suffer from a lack of touch in the pros and take extra time to develop.

And he's going to be a Clipper.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 19, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
So was Elton Brand. So is Baron Davis. So was Lamar Odom. So was Danny Manning.

I see you're giving me the hard sell here. Somehow I'm just less than convinced. Where's the Candyman thread?