Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

Not unsurprising but could be a major long-term shakeup in the Bulls Front Office. Paxson is no longer GM, Forman taking over that job, Pax to VP of Basketball Operations.

Gar Forman has been promoted to general manager of the Chicago Bulls, replacing John Paxson, who will remain with the team as executive vice president of basketball operations.

The Bulls announced the move Wednesday in a release promoting a Thursday news conference.

Forman has been director of player personnel the past five years.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, Mo Williams hits a backcourt 3 at the buzzer.

If Dwight is gonna get called for those type of offensive fouls that have been called so far (especially the 2nd one), this series is over.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Sigh, Mo Williams hits a backcourt 3 at the buzzer.

If Dwight is gonna get called for those type of offensive fouls that have been called so far (especially the 2nd one), this series is over.

Hate to break it to you, but this series was over before it started. That goes for any team in the East against Lebron.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Hate to break it to you, but this series was over before it started. That goes for any team in the East against Lebron.

I think if the refs were neutral and Hedo was playing at his best, we could win this series.

But I don't see either of those happening.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
I think if the refs were neutral and Hedo was playing at his best, we could win this series.

But I don't see either of those happening.

You guys squeaked by a team that squeaked by the Bulls. So I guess maybe the Bulls would have had a shot too?

I'm just being real.

Cavs

Magic

Everyone else

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
And as soon as I say that, you guys go on a furious run. As proven all season, I am indeed the Orlando Magic good luck charm. :lol:

You've been undersellin us all season. Please keep doing it.

Loved the way we moved the ball around on offense in the 3rd Q. Need to keep doing it, and hope LeBron misses some jump shots.

Great way to eke out a win by the Magic.

You can live with LeBron the Scorer, it's LeBron the Distributor you fear, and this game showed that yet again. Too many shots by LBJ, he's got to spread the wealth even more than an 8 assist effort like tonight for them to win.

Z couldn't seem to guard anyone on the Magic's frontline.

Dwight wrecking the shot clock was shades of Shaq, and pretty freaking awesome.

Orlando is an incredibly fun team to watch.

I can't think of anything more symbolic than James going for that final loose ball while all the other Cavs stood around and watched.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:30 PM)
Orlando is an incredibly fun team to watch.

I can't think of anything more symbolic than James going for that final loose ball while all the other Cavs stood around and watched.

lebron.jpg

this was from a couple years ago. You see all 5 Pistons, and only LeBron.

Nice win by Orlando tonight. I think Cleveland lost their edge after that half court shot. Everyone not named Lebron seemed like they had it in the bag.

That being said, if Cleveland is favored by no more than 10 points for game 2 then unload everything you got on The 'Brons.

QUOTE (Ron @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:05 AM)
Great way to eke out a win by the Magic.

You can live with LeBron the Scorer, it's LeBron the Distributor you fear, and this game showed that yet again. Too many shots by LBJ, he's got to spread the wealth even more than an 8 assist effort like tonight for them to win.

You could not be any more wrong. Lebron shot 20/30. If he takes more shots at that clip, they win.

Mo Williams and Delonte West had open shots all night and they still combined for 10/32 shooting.

He plays with a bunch of stiffs. Cleveland wins 50 less games without Lebron.

I have no rooting interest but kind of enjoyed watching Cleveland lose at home. I hate the way they act with the fake poses and crap.

Not to mention the networks hyping a Lebron vs. Kobe final when it is possible neither team gets there.