Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
Think the NBA would be angry if the finals was Denver and Orlando instead of Cleveland and Los Angeles? The ratings wouldn't be as high.

I would pay to see the look on Stern's face the second either Denver or Orlando clinches. I think Cle will be there, but LA won't

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
A Lebron vs Carmelo Finals might be something the NBA wants.

I dont think they mind either way. They can build a lot of hype with Lakers or nuggets

The Lakers have flat nobody that can matchup with Carmelo. He's just physically man-handling anybody (including Kobe) the Lakers put on him. He might be the second toughest matchup in the NBA outside of Lebron. They already have nobody that can even bother Billups. I expect J.R. Smith and Chris Anderson to play much better at home. I fully expect Denver to win the next two games.

Not that anyone cares, but the Wolves announced the hiring of David Kahn today as their new GM. He didn't make a prediction on wins, but did say 40-50 were possible within the next few years. I struggled to not laugh in the middle of the press conference :P

QUOTE (Felix @ May 22, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Not that anyone cares, but the Wolves announced the hiring of David Kahn today as their new GM. He didn't make a prediction on wins, but did say 40-50 were possible within the next few years. I struggled to not laugh in the middle of the press conference :P

KHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
OK, i'm impressed, they actually called a travel on Lebron in the last 1 minute of a game.

yep, im surprised they made the right call......what a shot by Turkoglu....1 second left from the magic going home up 2-0....not looking good for lebron and the cavs

That's gotta suck, Orlando did everything right the first two games and are an amazing shot away from being up 2-0. Cleveland blew another big lead early and it almost cost them. They can't match up with both Lewis and Turkoglu unless they go small, which they don't do well. Still, I have to think one of these games Cleveland is going to get that big lead and hold it, Orlando has hit basically every jumper they had to just to keep it interesting.

I'm not one to easily compare a player to MJ but that buzzer beater considering the situation was downright Jordanesque...the camera angle from behind the basket reminded me of MJ's shot against Ehlo a bit.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
I'm not one to easily compare a player to MJ but that buzzer beater considering the situation was downright Jordanesque...the camera angle from behind the basket reminded me of MJ's shot against Ehlo a bit.

I couldn't help but feel that this shot brought Lebron one step closer to MJ. If Lebron can improves his defense again, then it will be hard for me to seperate them.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)

You have to admit, LBJ has made up for all the painful Cleveland memories at the hands of MJ.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
I couldn't help but feel that this shot brought Lebron one step closer to MJ. If Lebron can improves his defense again, then it will be hard for me to seperate them.

6 championships still separate them. On the other hand, Lebron is only 24, he can get there.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 22, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)

OK,let's not get carried away...