Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
OK,let's not get carried away...

I know this board will be one of the last to admit it, and I understand it well being a huge UNC fan. I vomit at the mention of Kobe being on the same level as Jordan, but Lebron is a different story for me. I just can't deny his talent and game changing ability. For each generation a player comes a long and changes the game in a way that the previous generations fans haven't seen before. Lebron is this generations game changer.

For now, Lebron is just a great help defender, and not on the level of Michael's lockdown defender status, but Lebron is still only 24 as previously stated, he has a chance to get there.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 22, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
I know this board will be one of the last to admit it, and I understand it well being a huge UNC fan. I vomit at the mention of Kobe being on the same level as Jordan, but Lebron is a different story for me. I just can't deny his talent and game changing ability. For each generation a player comes a long and changes the game in a way that the previous generations fans haven't seen before. Lebron is this generations game changer.

For now, Lebron is just a great help defender, and not on the level of Michael's lockdown defender status, but Lebron is still only 24 as previously stated, he has a chance to get there.

Is James the best player in the NBA today?Do we need to see a Kobe and James Finals to decide it?Or the fact that James won the MVP decided it...I still think Kobe has the edge because I think his overall offensive game is more complete and a better defender though James is a better ball distributor.I also put Wade in the debate but he is out of the playoffs so I'm focusing on these two.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2009 -> 05:17 AM)
Is James the best player in the NBA today?Do we need to see a Kobe and James Finals to decide it?Or the fact that James won the MVP decided it...I still think Kobe has the edge because I think his overall offensive game is more complete and a better defender though James is a better ball distributor.I also put Wade in the debate but he is out of the playoffs so I'm focusing on these two.

I've seen both play a lot, and LeBron is clearly the better player this year. I'd say that Wade was better than Kobe this year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)

The funny thing is in LeBron's second year, there was talk that he had peaked as a player. Not on this board, but NBA scouts and people like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
Congrats LeBron, haven't seen a buzzer beater like that in a long time.

its a shame that it was all set up by the dumbest f***ing rule in all of sports....just because you call a timeout you are allowed to advance the ball over half the court without time expiring?? so dumb

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
^^Seriously,that's the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about that :lolhitting

Really?? Ive heard it mentioned about 1000 times.....It is a pretty dumb rule, one of the things college has over the pro sport.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
Really?? Ive heard it mentioned about 1000 times.....It is a pretty dumb rule, one of the things college has over the pro sport.

It's silly to complain about. Everyone knows going in about the rule. I like the rule. IMO, one of the things the NBA has over college.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
Congrats LeBron, haven't seen a buzzer beater like that in a long time.

You mean you didn't watch that awesome three pointer Larry Hughes threw up earlier this season against the Jazz? Where the hell were you? lol

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 23, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
its a shame that it was all set up by the dumbest f***ing rule in all of sports....just because you call a timeout you are allowed to advance the ball over half the court without time expiring?? so dumb

I hate it too. Calling a timeout shouldn't allow you to move to half-court for the inbounds. Terrible rule.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:22 AM)

I disagree,this makes for awesome last second shots when you don't have to bring it full court with little time left...

It all evens out,sometimes you benefit from it,sometimes it bites you...the rule didn't hit the fall away trey and I bet Van Gundy or anyone in the Magic organization won't complain about it

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
How stupid do the Bulls look not trading Gordon,Hinrich and Deng for Bryant a couple of years ago.I so wanted that trade because Kobe is still the best closer in the game,IMO.

Not very stupid considering it was Kobe Bryant who didn't want that trade to happen. He didn't want Deng in the deal, because he wanted to have players in Chicago to help him out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:08 PM)
Not very stupid considering it was Kobe Bryant who didn't want that trade to happen. He didn't want Deng in the deal, because he wanted to have players in Chicago to help him out.

True,I remember reading reading somewhere that he wanted Deng to be Pippen to his Michael Jordan,I'm still not convinced the Bulls didn't try hard enough to get Bryant though.