Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 28, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
The Cavs really needed a laugher today,you get the feeling that if it's close in the final seconds,the Cavs will self destruct under the pressure.

That means someone has to stop #23.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
I swear Dwight Howard could be stabbed in the heart by Lebron James, and Howard would still be called for the foul.

Yep pretty much. Everytime he puts his arms straight up, and LeBron drives into him and initiates the contact, it's a foul on Dwight everytime.

But I thought it would go back to Orlando, and can Mo Williams shoot as well as he did in game 5 again?

Also Rafer Alston had a stinker, he's not a great shooter, but I don't think he's that bad.

Magic in 6.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 29, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
Why even watch if you honestly believe that?

Because unfortunately David Stern doesn't want a Linus/Hedo final series (which is a shame). :ph34r:

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 29, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
Why even watch if you honestly believe that?

Haven't you noticed that every time he drives to the hole and initiates contact,he always get the call?I understand that superstars get the calls but some have been downright ridiculous.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 29, 2009 -> 02:41 AM)
Because unfortunately David Stern doesn't want a Linus/Hedo final series (which is a shame). :ph34r:

everyone should choose which side of the fence they are on....

The refs have a HUGE influence on the series that will allow Cleveland to advance/ Orlando will win this series.

You can't have both.

here is an avatar for some of you guys

its_a_conspiracy1.jpg

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 29, 2009 -> 02:55 AM)
Haven't you noticed that every time he drives to the hole and initiates contact,he always get the call?I understand that superstars get the calls but some have been downright ridiculous.

Kobe would be public enemy #1 if you really want to go down that street.

lol,I had to laugh at that avatar,Ranger...actually I'm pulling for the Cavs because I thought they would have a better shot at beating LA but I'm not so sure now.

Kobe does get all the calls but LeBron is a very close second in that category.

I disagree when you consider the fact that Kobe gets a lot of bad calls against him on the defensive end, you know, because he actually plays real defense. Lebron gets WAY more calls and gets away with more defensively than Kobe.

Positive story for a change... pretty bad ass.

http://www.kcra.com/sports/19594781/detail.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings' Donté Green can add life saver to his resume after a chilly rescue on the American River.

The forward said he and some friends were on a boat Monday near Discovery Park. At about 7 p.m., they decided to go home.

A woman onboard was pulling up the ladder when the driver put the boat in gear, Green said. She flew off the back, into the chilly waters.

"All I hear is somebody yelling, I hear a big splash," Green said.

He spotted the woman, flailing, in the strong current. The boat was turning around to get her, but there were other boats in the way, Green said.

"I honestly don't even think I was thinking -- I was just reacting," he said about jumping in after her. "I was pretty confident in my swimming abilities."

Green dodged some boats to get to the woman, and somebody threw them a life preserver to help stay afloat.

"It was only a minute, but it felt like a lifetime. It felt like it took forever," Green said. "Once we got to the boat and everything, I was pretty happy."

The woman didn't need medical attention afterward, though Green said she was feeling "a little shocked."

This is off of facebook

Marc Silverman Just talked to Amare Stoudemire. Still believes there's a 50/50 chance he'll be traded THIS offseason. Wouldn't mind being a Bull. We'll play the interveiw at Noon. Giangreco for the entire 11am hour. And Waddle is trying to do the impossible after the show...we'll explain. Put us on!

LET THE SPECULATION RE-BEGIN!!!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:31 AM)
I disagree when you consider the fact that Kobe gets a lot of bad calls against him on the defensive end, you know, because he actually plays real defense. Lebron gets WAY more calls and gets away with more defensively than Kobe.

Your logic is strange. Kobe only gets around a half a foul more per game overall and while he's a good defender a lot of his accolades on that end are based on reputation. Lebron has slacked off on that end a lot in the past, but his defensive numbers are excellent this year and superior to Kobe's (I'm not going to bother posting them because I know you don't care) and plays on a far stronger overall defensive team.

Then when you factor in that Kobe shoots far more jumpers than Lebron and still drew comparable numbers of FT's for the bulk of his prime (a bit down this year), I don't see how you can say that Lebron is WORSE in that department than Kobe (though obviously comparable). Wade should really be thrown in that group too, he has a ring because of his "knack" for drawing fouls.