Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Magic shot 62.5 percent from the field (won't happen again), Kobe missed 5 free throws (won't happen again), and the Magic still only won by 4 at home. I'm still not buying that this is an actual series, but I give the Magic credit for pulling out a win tonight.

Orlando dodged bullets like Neo in the 4th quarter.

Kobe missing what 5 fts in the game, 5-12 in the 2nd half, 3 would-be clutch shots in the final minutes? 9x out of 10, Kobe's hitting those shots.

If I'm the Magic, I'm dumbfounded that we shot an NBA Finals record 62.5%, Rafer was Skip, Kobe was off, and we still only win by 4.

Magic still won this game more than LA lost it, but man you can't be happy with this win.

YAY we've finally won a NBA finals game.

To me, the Magic have got to play better against the likes of Gasol going forward.

Kobe was Kobe tonight, but we did a better job on him in the 2nd half though.

But you can't let a guy like Gasol keep shooting over 70%.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
The Magic shot 62.5 percent from the field (won't happen again), Kobe missed 5 free throws (won't happen again), and the Magic still only won by 4 at home. I'm still not buying that this is an actual series, but I give the Magic credit for pulling out a win tonight.

I heard on the Score this morning that the 62.5% FG% is the new high for a Finals game, surpassing the Bulls from the 91 season.

That's lunacy.

I can tell there'd be a LOT of teams out there who would love to have Mike Brown as their head coach.

Cleveland didn't make it to the NBA Finals because they're basically a 1 man team. Mo Williams ain't an all-star, West is a good role player at best, Z is quickly declining and Vareajao is nothing but a dirty scrapper.

That's Danny Ferry's fault not Mike Brown's.

I wonder if they'll go after Boozer if the off-season though, he'd be a very good fit for them down low again, especially if Wallace retires.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 07:30 AM)
I wonder if they'll go after Boozer if the off-season though, he'd be a very good fit for them down low again, especially if Wallace retires.

If there's any bridge in the NBA that's been burnt I think it's that one.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
NBA Coach of the Year Mike Brown may be hitting the road, Cleveland front office not happy with the Eastern Conference Finals

I've never thought he was a particularly good coach, and I couldn't blame Cleveland a bit for firing him after the pantsing he was given by Stan Van Gundy in the Eastern Conference Finals. I personally think Stan Van Gundy should have won Coach of the Year during the regular season anyways for the job he did with that team between Dwight Howard and the 3 point shooters and continuing to play well without Jameer Nelson. As for the Cavs, assuming they do can Mike Brown, they should go after a coach who is more uptempo. Cleveland does not run NEARLY enough (that's my biggest problem with Brown) which is simply stupid considering the have the most unstoppable fast break force in the history of basketball on their team.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
That's lunacy.

I can tell there'd be a LOT of teams out there who would love to have Mike Brown as their head coach.

Cleveland didn't make it to the NBA Finals because they're basically a 1 man team. Mo Williams ain't an all-star, West is a good role player at best, Z is quickly declining and Vareajao is nothing but a dirty scrapper.

I agree with a lot of what you say too actually in addition to my above post about Mike Brown, which is why I would probably fire Danny Ferry too. I don't think Mike Brown is a very good coach, and I know Danny Ferry has done a poor job surrounding LeBron with the proper talent he needs to win a title. Combine that with the fact that LeBron might leave next summer, and desperate times call for desperate measure in order to try and keep him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
That's lunacy.

I will say this, but keep in mind its from just a few games of watching Mike Brown coach in the playoffs, but it seemed like most of the actual "coaching" was being done by his assistants. In huddles during timeouts, making calls as the game was live, etc. Maybe it was just the times I paid attention to it, but it seemed like he wasnt doing quite as much work as maybe Van Gundy

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)

Sounds to me like he's cheating on his SATs, having grades altered, flashing gang signs, smoking weed, and generally a terrible person. May the media continue to pile-on.

WE LOVE YOU DERRICK

season ends

F*CK YOU DERRICK

season starts

WE LOVE YOU DERRICK

sometimes this crap is a joke.

Mike Brown may not be the best coach in the NBA, but he got all that he could out of that Cavs' team. It'd be pretty crazy of them to fire him now, unless LeBron is the one ordering the change.

If anyone, Danny Ferry is the one that deserves to be on the hot seat. Add some more firepower, maybe Charlie Villanueva, who recently expressed interest in teaming with LeBron.

QUOTE (Ron @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
Mike Brown may not be the best coach in the NBA, but he got all that he could out of that Cavs' team. It'd be pretty crazy of them to fire him now, unless LeBron is the one ordering the change.

If anyone, Danny Ferry is the one that deserves to be on the hot seat. Add some more firepower, maybe Charlie Villanueva, who recently expressed interest in teaming with LeBron.

IF it was Ferry who made the call on not dealing Wally Szerbiak's contract at the deadline, sure. If ownership made that call...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
IF it was Ferry who made the call on not dealing Wally Szerbiak's contract at the deadline, sure. If ownership made that call...

It was ownership. Apparently, Dan Gilbert is paying the luxury tax all out of his pocket as the other investor's have been having problems. So even though they're selling out, Gilbert was losing money fast. He didn't want to add another year at more money for a declining Shaq when it is not known if he and others will have to sell their stake on the team.

BTW, Brown is a horrible coach. Kind of like Sam Mitchell.