Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
Also you guys know more about Duhon than I do. I've read he's supposedly an "elite defender". Is that really the case?

Someone lied to you! He's a career back-up, but knows how to run a team pretty well. He's not much of a scorer at all, and has a very inconsistent jumpsot. Yet, every season, he has 2-3 30+ point games where he will just light it up. He's a slightly above average defender.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...,5669059.column

Wait a second, Ben Gordon is teaching ball handling and defense? LOL

Yikes.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Someone lied to you! He's a career back-up, but knows how to run a team pretty well. He's not much of a scorer at all, and has a very inconsistent jumpsot. Yet, every season, he has 2-3 30+ point games where he will just light it up. He's a slightly above average defender.

Yikes.

That's all I wanted to hear.

I'd prefer Dooling, but that's probably not gonna happen now. Duhon won't have to be a scorer for us, and if he can pass well and play good defense, it's a good fit for us.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
That's all I wanted to hear.

I'd prefer Dooling, but that's probably not gonna happen now. Duhon won't have to be a scorer for us, and if he can pass well and play good defense, it's a good fit for us.

Don't take that as him being an 12 pt, 8 assist guy. I'm telling you, he's nothing more then a role player. By running a team well, I mean he won't take sumb shots, won't make dumb turnovers, and won't try fancy passes. He's solid, thats about as far as I'd go.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Don't take that as him being an 12 pt, 8 assist guy. I'm telling you, he's nothing more then a role player. By running a team well, I mean he won't take sumb shots, won't make dumb turnovers, and won't try fancy passes. He's solid, thats about as far as I'd go.

No he's going to be a backup, but to hear solid is good.

I think he "could" be a borderline starter on some teams maybe, but for a bench guy, he's going to give you pretty decent production.

Better than Arroyo who's all flash and just plays no defense whatsoever anyways.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
A guy on Mike&Mike just said the colors they're looking at for the Sonics new ones are red, white, and blue. *puke*

No kidding, very original :angry:

I was searching the internet for what team name the OKC team might use and have seen the name Bombers and Outlaws come up often in discussions. Can't picture that color scheme fitting with either name.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
No kidding, very original :angry:

I was searching the internet for what team name the OKC team might use and have seen the name Bombers and Outlaws come up often in discussions. Can't picture that color scheme fitting with either name.

Do you think they would really be the Bombers? I just don't see why a team would choose a name that symbolizes the death of 168 people.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
They should just be the Oklahoma City Spartans. They'd go undefeated their first 2 seasons! :)

(That's a GLB reference only a couple of people will get).

I would just like to state for the record that I thought of this first, but didn't bother posting it because there are literally 4 people on this board that will get the joke/reference. :P

OKC Cylcones doesn't sound too bad to me, neither does the Outlaws.

I'd personally go with the Oklahoma Panhandlers, haha.

Side note: When I was in high school we had to form our own government and just to be different from everyone else, we decided to kind of do a parliament that had 5 presidents. Breaking up the country in a NE, SE, SW, NW on locations and a "Wild Card" which would be an At-Large basically. And we sent all of our convicts to the Oklahoma panhandle.

Question: Anyone know if they will be called the Oklahoma City _________ or the Oklahoma _________?

Edited by WilliamTell

Ive heard from a few 76ers fans that Iggy might be let go next season because his contract demands will be more than what the Sixers will want to pay for him. If we clear some cap, Hughes/Gordon/Hinrich for next year I would kill to add Iggy, much more realistic than the hope of getting Lebron/Wade/Carmelo in 2010.

With Sefalosha coming off the bench and I think Tyrus becoming an impact player, that would make the Bulls a young great team for quite awhile....

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
They should just be the Oklahoma City Spartans. They'd go undefeated their first 2 seasons! :)

(That's a GLB reference only a couple of people will get).

until the slowass corner who was great against s***ty players all year gets lit the f*** up in the playoffs

For anyone interested in watching Bulls summer league games, they're streaming them on:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/summerleague.html

I believe they're free (ie, not part of a subscription package), but don't pour sugar in my gas tank if I'm wrong (in that case, I won't be getting it either, so I'll be just as pissed). 1st game is at 3 pm, second game is just 10 (20?) min after the first one ends, and so on. (Though these games will move a little quicker than standard NBA games.) 3 games per day for the next 5 days.

Today's game is the Beasley and the Heat against Rose and the Bulls (2nd game). Let the debate resume! :D