Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
I may be in the minority here, but I dont see how AI makes the Pistons a better team.

Well, they now have a legitimate scorer, but I don't think this deal was done for THIS year.

20 mill off the books this year, 11 the year after... surprisingly, putting them in position to sign two guys in 2010 or Boozer this offseason and another star the year later.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 07:19 PM)
How many times do you think Stan Van Gundy has gotten laid because he pretended to be Ron Jeremy?

Quite a bit I'd say.

Dwight should have a 30-20 game tonight.

Orlando looks a lot more suspect than I would have expected. They shoot just as many jumpers as the Bulls, the only real difference is they have Dwight. They really need to add a solid guard (preferrably a point), but unfortunately for them they out-bid everyone else by about $30 mil for Lewis.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
Orlando and Chicago are both nothing more than average, so it applies to both teams.

Considering we made the conference semi finals last season, don't know why we'd be nothing more than average?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
Orlando looks a lot more suspect than I would have expected. They shoot just as many jumpers as the Bulls, the only real difference is they have Dwight. They really need to add a solid guard (preferrably a point), but unfortunately for them they out-bid everyone else by about $30 mil for Lewis.

I'd still like to upgrade at PG over Nelson, but I think Pietrus once he learns the system will be the shutdown SG we need who can knock down the 3 from the corner.

Hedo needs to get it going though big-time.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Maybe because I can think of 10-11 teams in the west and 4-5 teams in the east better than Orlando.

Boston is the only one I could think of in the East that I know is better. Orlando is still a decently young team with a lot of upside. I would not call them average. They've just started slow.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
Boston is the only one I could think of in the East that I know is better. Orlando is still a decently young team with a lot of upside. I would not call them average. They've just started slow.

No, they are average. No point of arguing about this for a couple months though.

Orlando is an ok team, better than the Bulls no doubt but I think the Celtics/Cavs/Pistons/Sixers/Raptors are all better. That being said Howard could definitely carry them to a series victory vs any of those teams, especially if he can actually hit his free throws. I also think Orlando is the worse matchup for the bulls in the NBA.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Maybe because I can think of 10-11 teams in the west and 4-5 teams in the east better than Orlando.

Boston's on top in the East.

I'd put us on the same level as the Pistons, Cavs and 76ers as the next tier.

I don't see how we'd be worse than last season either. We have Battie back from a major injury, we signed Pietrus to be our new starting SG, so there's 2 instant upgrades from last season (alebit we lost Dooling who I would have liked to have back).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 08:32 AM)
Boston's on top in the East.

I'd put us on the same level as the Pistons, Cavs and 76ers as the next tier.

I don't see how we'd be worse than last season either. We have Battie back from a major injury, we signed Pietrus to be our new starting SG, so there's 2 instant upgrades from last season (alebit we lost Dooling who I would have liked to have back).

Exactly. I mean, anyone could make a case for the Pistons Cavs or Sixers as being better, but a case could easily be made for Orlando being stronger than those teams. Orlando was first last year for awhile and that was for a reason.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 04:40 AM)
Orlando is an ok team, better than the Bulls no doubt but I think the Celtics/Cavs/Pistons/Sixers/Raptors are all better. That being said Howard could definitely carry them to a series victory vs any of those teams, especially if he can actually hit his free throws. I also think Orlando is the worse matchup for the bulls in the NBA.

That's a moot point, he's consistently proven that he cannot hit his free throws.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
That's a moot point, he's consistently proven that he cannot hit his free throws.

If he can get to around 60%, that's ok enough.

It's the TO's that he needs to cut down on.

The Lakers won 3 championships with Shaq only hitting 55% of his FT's, so it can be done.