Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

Orlando just looks decidedly mediocre, I'm really starting to believe that last year was a fluke. The Bulls played horribly, they had no business being in that game. Orlando really let them back in with brutal shot selection, a lot of quick jumpers that missed. Everyone but Dwight is a jumpshooter, so they're extremely hot and cold, that's going to really hurt them against good teams. They don't exactly play good defense either. They desperately need Hedo to repeat his career year, because if Dwight/Lewis/Hedo don't combine for at least 60 they're going to lose an awful lot against decent teams. Luckily for them their division is awful so they'll probably get the 4 seed and play either Philly or Toronto in the first instead of Boston or a Detroit team that beat them in 5 last year.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
If he can get to around 60%, that's ok enough.

It's the TO's that he needs to cut down on.

The Lakers won 3 championships with Shaq only hitting 55% of his FT's, so it can be done.

Yeah, and they also had Kobe (and Shaq also had Wade when he won in Miami)... so Orlando's going to have to strike gold on another star (and that is not Rashard Lewis) in order to have a shot to win it all.

I like Dwight as much as anyone, but he won't be the reason the Magic win a championship, he'll be a f***ing amazing complement to the star that does lead them there, but anyone who is rendered useless in the final minutes of a close game isn't someone you can bank on.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
Yeah, and they also had Kobe (and Shaq also had Wade when he won in Miami)... so Orlando's going to have to strike gold on another star (and that is not Rashard Lewis) in order to have a shot to win it all.

I like Dwight as much as anyone, but he won't be the reason the Magic win a championship, he'll be a f***ing amazing complement to the star that does lead them there, but anyone who is rendered useless in the final minutes of a close game isn't someone you can bank on.

Hence why Hedo became such a clutch player for us last season.

I still think we can make the conference finals, but we'll wait and see. I'd love to have Battie's contract off the books so we can get a deeper bench also.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
You should probably watch more NBA.

He was also selected by me in my fantasy basketball draft in my 14 team money league. It could turn into a steal...we took him in the 2nd to last round. I grabbed Lopez in the round prior to that as well, hoping to get lucky on those two.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 12:18 PM)
He was also selected by me in my fantasy basketball draft in my 14 team money league. It could turn into a steal...we took him in the 2nd to last round. I grabbed Lopez in the round prior to that as well, hoping to get lucky on those two.

Brook Lopez?

Actually looking at the Pau Gasol deal now, getting the rights to his brother who has looked decent so far, it looks at least a little better.

Still they ain't playing Crittendon, who they don't consider to be much of a PG (but a SG).

Hinrich, Nocioni, Thomas, and Noah all had a combined 15 or so points.

I almost feel bad for Rose- he had his best game (20 pts., 7 asst.) and you got Drew Gooden firing up 20 foot airballs.

It's ridiculous. Thank the Lord I dumped my Bulls season tickets for Hawks ST's...

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
Hinrich, Nocioni, Thomas, and Noah all had a combined 15 or so points.

I almost feel bad for Rose- he had his best game (20 pts., 7 asst.) and you got Drew Gooden firing up 20 foot airballs.

It's ridiculous. Thank the Lord I dumped my Bulls season tickets for Hawks ST's...

Gooden shot 4/13 from the floor and logged 40 minutes.

Tyrus and Noah together logged about 24 minutes, and Gray logged 2.

In other words, for more than half the game, we had a small lineup on the floor.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
LeBron needs to lose the cocky attitude, makes him look like an immature ass.

I love when people call LeBron and Kobe cocky. They are the two best players in the world, they have every right in the world to be as cocky as they choose.

And the Bulls half court offense is pathetic right now. I wonder if Vinny put ANY half court sets in during training camp.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Marc Gasol is better than his brother IMHO. He's Pau Gasol with toughness. Crittenton is losing value on a daily basis.

Um, no, he's nowhere near the athlete and isn't as skilled. He had one great game, but he doesn't have the talent to be much more than about a 10-8 guy.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
I love when people call LeBron and Kobe cocky. They are the two best players in the world, they have every right in the world to be as cocky as they choose.

And the Bulls half court offense is pathetic right now. I wonder if Vinny put ANY half court sets in during training camp.

Yea, he is the best but with all his little cocky actions he just looks like an ass. Kobe has learned and cut a lot of the B.S.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
Um, no, he's nowhere near the athlete and isn't as skilled. He had one great game, but he doesn't have the talent to be much more than about a 10-8 guy.

I disagree. Memphis will give him plenty of opportunities to be a 18-12 guy.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
I disagree. Memphis will give him plenty of opportunities to be a 18-12 guy.

Wow, one really good game and people go nuts. He's a fairly solid big man but he's just not that talented. Even if he did have that kind of offensive repetoire it doesn't look terribly likely that Gay and Mayo would give him enough chances to score. Even in his 26 point game he only got 11 shots, that makes it kind of hard to put up great scoring numbers.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 01:15 AM)
Wow, one really good game and people go nuts. He's a fairly solid big man but he's just not that talented. Even if he did have that kind of offensive repetoire it doesn't look terribly likely that Gay and Mayo would give him enough chances to score. Even in his 26 point game he only got 11 shots, that makes it kind of hard to put up great scoring numbers.

You really know it all don't you? Why don't you just apply to be a NBA scout now. Quit wasting your energy on a forum in a thread where maybe 10 people view every day.

This is a pointless argument, so I disagree.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
You really know it all don't you? Why don't you just apply to be a NBA scout now. Quit wasting your energy on a forum in a thread where maybe 10 people view every day.

This is a pointless argument, so I disagree.

It's a discussion thread, isn't that the whole point? To come up with pointless arguments? :P