Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
Triple double for Dwight last night.

30 points. 19 boards, 10 blocks. Yikes.

He did that against an NCAA team, so it's really not that impressive to me.

OKC without Durant is probably the wrost team to take an NBA court.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
He did that against an NCAA team, so it's really not that impressive to me.

OKC without Durant is probably the wrost team to take an NBA court.

The only impressive part of that line should be the 10 blocks anyways.

But yes OKC are terrible, and have a long, long way to go. It hasn't helped them when all of the bigs that they have drafted (Petro, Sene, Swift) have all turned out to be BUSTS.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 10:54 AM)
Here's a question.

If the Knicks pulled off a Curry for Marion trade (with say another piece going to Miami), could the Knicks actually make the playoffs this season?

That would make me sad as I am enjoying Wilson Chandler's performance this year in fantasy.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would WILLINGLY take Eddy Curry. It'd be one thing if he had an expiring contract, but s***, he has two more years. The guy is awful and has something like 31 mil left on his deal.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
I find it hard to believe that anyone would WILLINGLY take Eddy Curry. It'd be one thing if he had an expiring contract, but s***, he has two more years. The guy is awful and has something like 31 mil left on his deal.

Well, they reportedly are, for some reason.

Spurs, Heat interested in Curry

Eddy Curry met briefly with his agent, Leon Rose, before Tuesday's game. Curry has been sidelined since the second game of the season with a bruised right knee. He is expected to be out another two weeks. Mike D'Antoni had removed Curry from the rotation before the Knick season opener. There is interest in the center from the Spurs and Heat. Miami may be willing to trade D'Antoni favorite Shawn Marion, but a potential deal with Curry is complicated because their salaries don't match.

New York Daily News

Well the Heat currently have Mark Blount and Haslem manning the C spot.

If I was them, I'd probably hang onto Marion, and make a run at Boozer in the off-season.

The Knicks would probably have to throw in at least a guy like Mardy Collins.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 11:28 AM)
I think I am the only person in the world that likes Eddy Curry.

I liked him the one good year he had with us, than the heart issue was not handled well by either party, IMO. But I think at the time, it was smart to make sure he was ok and hold him out. I still think with the way the Bulls were playing that year going into the playoffs, with Eddy, they could of won a round or 2. Of course Deng missed that Washington series as well.

The guy is lazy and out of shape. He had it so easy in high school and would of benefited from a year or 2 in college, easily.