Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

I'm not surprised that teams are "interested" in Curry because damn near everyone needs some size, but actually acquiring him for anything other than filler is another story. The guy is totally useless on the floor unless you slow down your offense enough for him to lumber up the court and plant his butt in the post. He's arguably the worst defensive player in the league, he's a subpar rebounder and he's a black hole on offense that turns it over at a high rate. The Knicks were a whopping 10 points better in scoring margin when he was off the floor last year. You're basically looking at a rich man's Michael Sweetney at this point in his career. He's just a bad player with a bad contract, if they can move him for anything interesting Donnie Walsh should be in the running for executive of the year.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
The Rick Carlisle appointment is going well for Dallas ATM.

They're 2-7, and a narrow loss to Orlando tonight.

My guess is Cuban will shake things up soon, and ship out Josh Howard.

He needs to go into full rebuilding mode and see what package he can get for Dirk and Kidd as well.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
He needs to go into full rebuilding mode and see what package he can get for Dirk and Kidd as well.

I wonder if pax would be interested in a trade for Dirk, the Bulls have the pieces for a trade...

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 11:15 PM)
I wonder if pax would be interested in a trade for Dirk, the Bulls have the pieces for a trade...

It doesn't matter, Pax won't make the move. Although, let me be the first to say that I want nothing to do with Dirk.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
Has anyone noticed what kind of crowds the Thunder have been drawing?I havent seen any of their games yet and Iam curious whether the hype they had at OKC last year has died down at all.

18,000 - looks like every night except 16,000 versus the Clippers.

19,000 versus Boston.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
That'll die down and they'll wish they were in Seattle sooner, rather than later.

I'm not sure. They got great crowds for the Hornets when they played there, and the Thunder are probably going to get the #1 pick this off-season.

It reminds me of when Charlotte first started up and got major support in the early 90's.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
I'm not sure. They got great crowds for the Hornets when they played there, and the Thunder are probably going to get the #1 pick this off-season.

It reminds me of when Charlotte first started up and got major support in the early 90's.

How can you say probably? Odds are they don't.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
What, 25%? That's way too low for having the worst record.

On the other hand, should a team really be rewarded for having the worse record? I actually like the NBA way the best, if I could id make it so every non-playoff team had equal chance to get the top pick.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 09:06 AM)
On the other hand, should a team really be rewarded for having the worse record? I actually like the NBA way the best, if I could id make it so every non-playoff team had equal chance to get the top pick.

No one here can possibly argue that having 5 teams shutting down their best players for the last 20 games of the season every year is good for the NBA. We see enough of that as it is with the lottery. With it based on the raw records, we might well see people legitimately throwing games to go after Oden/Rose.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
No one here can possibly argue that having 5 teams shutting down their best players for the last 20 games of the season every year is good for the NBA. We see enough of that as it is with the lottery. With it based on the raw records, we might well see people legitimately throwing games to go after Oden/Rose.

Im not sure if your agreeing with me or not, but my logic is no team is going to throw games to miss playoffs.. therefore no team is going to blatantly lose games like it currently is in the NBA at the end of the season.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
Im not sure if your agreeing with me or not, but my logic is no team is going to throw games to miss playoffs.. therefore no team is going to blatantly lose games like it currently is in the NBA at the end of the season.

No, but the bottom 5 teams or so, the ones who are already out of the playoffs...we already see them racing for the bottom by shutting people down at the end of the year. I really don't want to see that get worse.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)
There's no question that we need an NBA Lottery... it's great.

I think it's an excellent system also.

Otherwise you'd have teams down the bottom "tanking", so they end up with the #1 pick.

Okalahoma need a LOT of pieces though. An actual decent big man would help to put next to Durant, Green and Westbrook.