Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Yeah, it's been 2 games. Nellie will have him playing 4 minutes in no time.

Funny how Harrington's in the doghouse and they're already looking to move Maggette.

All that team needs is a decent enough PG, and they could actually do something considering the glut of talented swingmen they have and Biedrins dominating in the post.

I think they're going to try Ellis at PG first though.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Funny how Harrington's in the doghouse and they're already looking to move Maggette.

All that team needs is a decent enough PG, and they could actually do something considering the glut of talented swingmen they have and Biedrins dominating in the post.

I think they're going to try Ellis at PG first though.

If only they had a PG like Baron Davis

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)

Hinrich would be a reasonably good fit/upgrade for them.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
Hinrich for Morrow in a perfect world. Then Gordon would be expendable.

Unfortunately, you have that whole contract mess thing getting in the way...so you wind up needing someone like Harrington in there to match Hinrich's contract, then the Warriors want more, and on and on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Unfortunately, you have that whole contract mess thing getting in the way...so you wind up needing someone like Harrington in there to match Hinrich's contract, then the Warriors want more, and on and on.

Throw in Ben Gordon lol? and a draft pick.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
Hinrich for Morrow in a perfect world. Then Gordon would be expendable.

Would the Bulls do Brandon Wright and say Harrington for Noah and Hinrich?

Don't know if that would work cap wise however.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)

Noah/Hinrich for Morrow/Harrington

Would be nice if Paxson had a series of moves in him. Which he has shown otherwise.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
Would the Bulls do Brandon Wright and say Harrington for Noah and Hinrich?

Don't know if that would work cap wise however.

It would. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=

I'd do that trade in a SECOND if I were the Bulls. Not so sure if Golden State would though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)

Problem is from the Warriors' perspective, they've already got a backup scrapper bigman in Ronny Turiaf, so I don't know if they would want Noah (and Nelson would probably want someone with a better shooting ability).

I think something could be worked out though, and I do really rate Wright as a prospect.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Problem is from the Warriors' perspective, they've already got a backup scrapper bigman in Ronny Turiaf, so I don't know if they would want Noah (and Nelson would probably want someone with a better shooting ability).

I think something could be worked out though, and I do really rate Wright as a prospect.

I like Wright as well, and anything that gets the Bulls two live, big bodies with skill like Harrington and Wright is a good idea at this point. I'd do whatever I could to work it out if I were the Bulls and this poissibility exists.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
Paxson won't because he is a coward when it comes to deals. I like that deal a lot though.

Actually, reports said the Bulls wound up offering that exact deal and were turned down. (Noah/Hinrich for Wright/Harrington).

Now, with both Hinrich ACTUALLY injured, and Harrington injured, it seems it wasn't meant to be anyway.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
How is Memphis an offender? Because they traded away Pau? They made it clear what they wanted for him and got that from LA. Marc Gasol has been impressive. They suckered(though it probably didn't take much) Minnesota into taking Mike Miller and Kevin Love for OJ Mayo who is a stud in the making, they have a pretty good player in Rudy Gay, and a developing player in Darrell Arthur. I don't see how you say Memphis is trying to tank.

I'm referring to the last two seasons more than this one. They basically GAVE away Gasol, their asking price for him dropped considerably at the last second because they were cheap. It turned into a flat out salary dump when they were previously asking for legit talent. A couple of months before the trade they were still asking for Deng AND Gordon as well as either Tyrus or a pick. They got lucky that the other Gasol has turned out decent, though he's still not a world-beater. They're also sitting far below the cap with no real intention of spending money at the moment. Their team is still one of the worst in the league, the only reason they have 4 wins is a soft early schedule.

I don't exactly see what's THAT impressive about Mayo so far either, he's averaging 20 points but on 17 shots and with a weak assist/TO ratio. He's not exactly having a big impact on their record either, their starting lineup is still getting murdered despite 3 above average starters. He's a big asset when he's hot but a non-factor when he's not, much like Ben Gordon (though Ben also turns it over less and shoots more FT's). Hell, Mike Miller put up 16 a game for them last year on 5 fewer shots per game, how much progress is that? He's also already far more advanced skill-wise than most of his peers and doesn't have mind-blowing quickness, so how much better he can get is debateable. He's going to shoot them out of about as many games as he wins them. I'm not saying he sucks mind you, he's clearly a solid scorer, but he's not going to carry that franchise anywhere.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
Like you didn't fall in love with Stuckey overnight

Stuckey?? I dropped his queer ass, what are you talking about!

I see a spade as a spade... and Morrow is not long for fantasy relevance, and even as he is, he only helps 2 or 3 cats at the most.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Stuckey?? I dropped his queer ass, what are you talking about!

I see a spade as a spade... and Morrow is not long for fantasy relevance, and even as he is, he only helps 2 or 3 cats at the most.

Like Dwight Howard :lolhitting I kid , I kid. I'll give Howard 4 cats.

edit: BTW, Morrow is helpful in 5 cats at the moment.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
Like Dwight Howard :lolhitting I kid , I kid. I'll give Howard 4 cats.

Are you trying to get under my skin again ranger? :D

Actually since you called Orlando average, I think we've won about 6 out of 7 (albeit we've had a pretty soft schedule thus far).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
Are you trying to get under my skin again ranger? :D

Actually since you called Orlando average, I think we've won about 6 out of 7 (albeit we've had a pretty soft schedule thus far).

Actually, no. This is about a guy in our league who drafted Howard 20 spots to high. Obviously, in reality Howard is a top 10 player. But in fantasy he is somewhere between 20-30.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Actually, no. This is about a guy in our league who drafted Howard 20 spots to high. Obviously, in reality Howard is a top 10 player. But in fantasy he is somewhere between 20-30.

Yeah, he's making fun of a guy in our league whom I stomped 7-2 this week.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)

I think that was me actually. :unsure:

The schedule helped a bit, especially with Calderon not playing, but they still have to win those and Philly and Dallas aren't exactly bottom feeders. Pietrus and Nelson put up some nice games in that stretch. I still say their jumper-happy ways will come back to bite them against quality teams though. :ph34r:

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)

Ahh my bad.

But yes Dwight's a killer in TO's and FT%. You can pretty much say goodbye to that categories with him in your team.