Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
Warrior fans are calling him Stephan Jackson with Brains

I'm the biggest GT fan there is. Morrow can't create a shot for the life of him. However, he's one of the purest shooters I've ever seen. Great kid, I'm very happy for him.

The Bulls are so frustrating to watch. You have a terrificly talented star player and then just bad, stupid players around him. Aaron Gray has the worst hands from a big man I have ever seen. Tyrus Thomas would rather shoot 15-footers than bang down low. Hughes is just selfish and a bad influence, Sefolosha just doesn't know what basketball is. Deng, Gordon, Noah are at least solid because Deng is smart, Gordon can get hot and Noah always gives 100%. But the rest of the players are just crap and the aforementioned solid guys tend to suck a lot too. Paxson has done a horrible job of building a team; he got lucky with Rose falling into his lap. Without him, I doubt we have a win right now. I am all for Pax being done after this year, he has brought just a horrible mix of talent (and I use that word liberally) to Chicago.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
Hughes sucks.

Gordon shoots too much and hates defense apparently.

Tyrus is a waste of athleticism.

Noah blows.

Deng is overpaid big time.

Nocioni stinks.

Gooden is medicore.

Yet, Rose doesn't touch the ball and all these nimrods do.

Outside of Rose who exactly do you want shooting the ball in place of Gordon right now?

Could it be that Ben Gordon actually resents having to give the ball to Derrick Rose? They’re both solid players who would complement each other perfectly, but they're just not in synch. Something needs to change quickly, and starts at the top. At this point, Paxson should save himself the humiliation and resign.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad for Rose...

I dont understand why people say this, when your a 1st overall draft pick you best expect to come to a pretty s***ty team. Given that fact, he could of got it a lot worse since there were a few teams worse than us last year without him.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
good thing the Bulls fired Skiles last season..

I know there was a lot of Skiles hate, but he got every drop out of this team he could until they quit on him, and started play the individual ball that has them at the place they are today. As individuals, this team sucks. They have got to work as a team and out hustle teams. These guys are going no where but back to the lottery as they are set up now. Maybe this year they can get a big man.

I think drafting Noah over Hawes right now looks like a mistake also.

I think Gooden is a decent enough fit for the Bulls at the 4, but they really need a good defensive big such as a Dalembert next to him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 07:48 AM)
I know there was a lot of Skiles hate, but he got every drop out of this team he could until they quit on him, and started play the individual ball that has them at the place they are today. As individuals, this team sucks. They have got to work as a team and out hustle teams. These guys are going no where but back to the lottery as they are set up now. Maybe this year they can get a big man.

I think zenryan was being sarcastic without the green. At least thats how I took it.

I was pretty disappointed in the way Skiles went out, the team collectively quit on him. Many people say its a coaches job to get the team to play for him, but I think the Kobe distraction and the money issues, plus Wallace being disruptive in the locker room was more than a small factor in the way the team quit.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
Outside of Rose who exactly do you want shooting the ball in place of Gordon right now?

Outside of that, Gordon also has only 5 more shot attempts on the year than Rose. Keep in mind, Rose is the PG and is supposed to be distributing, while Gordon is the team's SG and is supposed to shoot. All this ballhog talk about Gordon is not valid. People just bring it up because he's in a contract year and don't think he'll resign. Rose and Gordon are the only guys worth keeping on this team.

Funny how Deng has lost all value ATM currently.

FWIW, if I was a team like Portland, I'd be making a run at him, but then again, they could just target Hedo instead, who's probably an all around better player.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
Funny how Deng has lost all value ATM currently.

FWIW, if I was a team like Portland, I'd be making a run at him, but then again, they could just target Hedo instead, who's probably an all around better player.

It'd be nice if Portland would take him.

If we wind up with Rudy Fernandez, I'm happy.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
People just bring it up because he's in a contract year and don't think he'll resign. Rose and Gordon are the only guys worth keeping on this team.

That's just plain bull. People have been talking about that issue with Ben since we drafted him.

And I really can't wait 'til Ben is long gone off this squad.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
That's just plain bull. People have been talking about that issue with Ben since we drafted him.

And I really can't wait 'til Ben is long gone off this squad.

Well that's just not smart then. I just told you why Ben isn't a ballhog this year, and considering this team was offense-deficient for the past couple of years, Ben is very very efficient. In fact, I believe for scorers over 15ppg, he ranks in the top 15 in efficiency. And this year he was in the top 5 last time I checked which was before the last two games. Even at that, his bad games have become pretty decent. For example, the Lakers game, he was still able to get his 20 points when his shot wasn't falling and he deferred more to others. If you want to talk about his defense, no SG opposite of Ben has lit him up and he's faced some mighty good ones thus far. Instead of talking about Derrick Rose's putrid game yesterday in which he was benched the 4th quarter, people are still talking about Ben Gordon? Lemme guess, he's still a rookie. So maybe people just have blind hate for Ben because he isnt' 6'7. :unsure:

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
Outside of that, Gordon also has only 5 more shot attempts on the year than Rose. Keep in mind, Rose is the PG and is supposed to be distributing, while Gordon is the team's SG and is supposed to shoot. All this ballhog talk about Gordon is not valid. People just bring it up because he's in a contract year and don't think he'll resign. Rose and Gordon are the only guys worth keeping on this team.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Rose has the ball at all times, Gordon not so much. The shot per touch ratio for these two would show just how much more often Gordon shoots it per touch, not to mention Rose is shooting at a higher percentage than Gordon is this year. The reason the Gordon is a ballhog issue is being brought up is HE IS a ballhog. Now, the Bulls need him to shoot and need him to score so it's not horrible that he's a ballhog, but facts are facts and people have brought this issue up since the day he put a Bulls uniform on. The reasons people don't like Ben Gordon are obvious:

1. He shoots a lot (that's not my problem with him, but whatever)

2. He's a 6'2 shooting guard (that's a problem, even if you don't agree)

3. He shoots a low percentage for a guy with a scoring reputation (43 percent in his career)

4. He doesn't play defense, care about defense, or even try on defense

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Ben Gordon has among the highest scoring rates in the league, there's a difference between that and scoring efficiency. If he were the most efficient scorer he would have a very high points-to-shots ratio resulting from a large number of free throws, a high field goal percentage, and/or a high number of 3's. His performance in that area has ranged from decent to pretty good. What's he's higher in is scoring rate, or points per 48 minutes. That means that he shoots/scores at a higher rate than most players in the league. 15-16 shots is a lot for a guy that typically plays 30-33 minutes. That's not exactly a bad thing, though it can get quite frustrating if he's not shooting well.