Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

Another coach bites the dust.

Eddie Jordan's been given the pink slip after a 1-10 start.

He can thank Ernie Grunfeld for giving out a MAX deal to Gilbert Arenas though coming off major knee surgery.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, Bulls end Utah's 14 game (I think it was 14) home winning streak on a shot at the horn by Larry Hughes of all people, 101-100. Rose was sick, but he missed at the final seconds, only to see Hughes grab the rebound and score as time expired. Absolutely shocked they won that game, but hey we'll take it. Just get one more somehow for a 3-4 circus trip and I'll be content.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
WOW, Bulls end Utah's 14 game (I think it was 14) home winning streak on a shot at the horn by Larry Hughes of all people, 101-100. Rose was sick, but he missed at the final seconds, only to see Hughes grab the rebound and score as time expired. Absolutely shocked they won that game, but hey we'll take it. Just get one more somehow for a 3-4 circus trip and I'll be content.

HUGHESSSS!!! That was brilliant. I hope the rest of the NBA was watching we got a team to build, and some scraps to get rid of.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 11:34 PM)
How impressive was Rose? My God. He put the team on his shoulders in the final 2 minutes with great moves getting to the basket and scoring.

I like to think of the rest of the team as Rose's thorns. If they let him he can carry them nearly every night. It's when they get jumpy (i'm looking at you Gordon) and try to do their own thing that things get messy.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
I like to think of the rest of the team as Rose's thorns. If they let him he can carry them nearly every night. It's when they get jumpy (i'm looking at you Gordon) and try to do their own thing that things get messy.

Agreed 100 percent. Realistically, the Bulls probably did what they SHOULD have done tonight in winning, as Utah was without Williams, Boozer, and Korver. However, Utah still had the long home winning streak in the regular season going back to last year, and it's still a circus trip win, so you take it anyway you can get it. Glad I was wrong that they wouldn't win in Utah or San Antonio.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)

I suggest you worry about Luol way more than Gordon who is our 2nd best player by far this year.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
I suggest you worry about Luol way more than Gordon who is our 2nd best player by far this year.

Luol's contract was going to be a hinderance to this team even had he played up to his capabilities during the life of it. His drop off in play makes it even that much worse. This roster has a lot of rebuilding to do, but at least the best player is already there and that's the hard part.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
Derrick Rose is going to go down as the 2nd best Bull, ever.

I know it's early to talk about , but.....

anyone think he has a shot to start the all-star game? At the guard slot, Wade will get in and then it could come down to Rose and Iverson.

1. Iverson is having a down year

2. Fans love star rookies

3. Rose is the biggest star with the Bulls since MJ, I think the Bulls fan base will stuff the ballots.

Other guards that should make the team:

Devin Harris

Joe Johnson

Jose Calderon

If Iverson beats him in the vote, he should still make the team. But, I think he has a legit shot at starting.

Joe Johnson should definitely get in considering he's having a good year in scoring so far, and that the Hawks are actually a pretty good team ATM.

Devin Harris' numbers are fantastic also for a PG, with 23PPG and a 3:1 A/TO ratio.

I'd say both deserve to get in before Rose currently, but fan voting is a wonderful thing.

Ray Allen is another guy to consider with fan voting also.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
Joe Johnson should definitely get in considering he's having a good year in scoring so far, and that the Hawks are actually a pretty good team ATM.

Devin Harris' numbers are fantastic also for a PG, with 23PPG and a 3:1 A/TO ratio.

I'd say both deserve to get in before Rose currently, but fan voting is a wonderful thing.

Ray Allen is another guy to consider with fan voting also.

I'm not talking about deserving to start. I'm pointing out he has a great shot to start because of voting.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
I'm not talking about deserving to start. I'm pointing out he has a great shot to start because of voting.

Yeah you're probably right (not that it makes it right).

Still someone like Vince Carter could still steal his thunder though.

Still it reminds me of when Grant Hill got in back in 1995.

Obviously Rose has a ways to go until he can compile a good resume but my point is that he has the natural physical ability and leadership skills that it takes to lead a team to a championship.Since when in this city is a conference final considered something above and beyond special.I believe that was the same year Pippen sat on the bench and b****ed like a little girl at the end of a big game.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Obviously Rose has a ways to go until he can compile a good resume but my point is that he has the natural physical ability and leadership skills that it takes to lead a team to a championship.Since when in this city is a conference final considered something above and beyond special.I believe that was the same year Pippen sat on the bench and b****ed like a little girl at the end of a big game.

jordans rings without pip= 0

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
You disagree that Rose is a leader?Because Pippen proved he couldnt lead a team by himself.

Rose is a leader. But, I watched just about every Bulls game when Pip was in charge. He was just fine in the leadership role. That whole not coming in the game I disagree with. But, it was way overblown.

It amazes me how many people just forget about Scottie Pippen. He's a 1st team all defensive player in the history of the NBA, he was a great player, versatile, could do just about everything, and Michael Jordan isn't Michael Jordan (the best player ever, or even close for that matter) had he not had Scottie Pippen as a teammate. I know Scottie wasn't a great guy and did some things that were stupid, but he was a GREAT player, a legit top 50 player in NBA history. Rose's floor as an NBA player is the 3rd best player in Bulls history (assuming good health) and he is going to be one of the top 3 point guards in the NBA (at least) who plays in double digit all star games. But he has to actually achieve his potential and stay focused for a while before he can go into the category of Jordan or Pippen for that matter. I think he will get there though someday.

Edited by whitesoxfan101