Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pip was one of the 100 best players at one point right? He will go down as one of the best players ever in the Bulls uni, but also as one of the better players of all time. D Rose has a chance to be every bit as good if not better though.

Pip's career stats: 16.1 ppg 6.4 RPG 5.2 APG

Alot of that is lowered by his older years, but at his peak he was still only a 20 8 and 6 guy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
Pip was one of the 100 best players at one point right? He will go down as one of the best players ever in the Bulls uni, but also as one of the better players of all time. D Rose has a chance to be every bit as good if not better though.

Pip's career stats: 16.1 ppg 6.4 RPG 5.2 APG

Alot of that is lowered by his older years, but at his peak he was still only a 20 8 and 6 guy.

20/8/6 and one of the greatest defenders in the history of the NBA is pretty damn good. He did play too long though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
20/8/6 and one of the greatest defenders in the history of the NBA is pretty damn good. He did play too long though.

And frankly, he didn't need to score that much more than that, because there was that other guy putting up 31/7/5.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
It amazes me how many people just forget about Scottie Pippen. He's a 1st team all defensive player in the history of the NBA, he was a great player, versatile, could do just about everything, and Michael Jordan isn't Michael Jordan (the best player ever, or even close for that matter) had he not had Scottie Pippen as a teammate. I know Scottie wasn't a great guy and did some things that were stupid, but he was a GREAT player, a legit top 50 player in NBA history. Rose's floor as an NBA player is the 3rd best player in Bulls history (assuming good health) and he is going to be one of the top 3 point guards in the NBA (at least) who plays in double digit all star games. But he has to actually achieve his potential and stay focused for a while before he can go into the category of Jordan or Pippen for that matter. I think he will get there though someday.

Took the words out of my mouth. Legit top 50 player, most versatile player ever IMHO. And he did get screwed pretty good in '94 against the Knicks.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3731403

When Marbury is finally cut/waived/released from the Knicks, is there ANY team that would take on the cancer risk that he brings with him? It is truly amazing that Marbury has been able to squander the talent that he has

He kind of reminds me of the Eddie Robinson situation with the Bulls a few years back.They pretty much took the money hit by releasing him and you never seen him again even though he had the talent.Marbury doesnt have a bright future ahead of him.

Except for the loads and loads of money that he has.

Bulls beat the Sixers tonight - went 3-4 on the circus trip. That's acceptable, considering its the best we've done since MJ left (I think).

In the span of 40 seconds, Rose came from behind and swatted away a sure lay-up from Andre Miller, and then absolutely broke Miller's ankles. It was SICK, gotta catch that s*** on SC if you missed it.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
Bulls beat the Sixers tonight - went 3-4 on the circus trip. That's acceptable, considering its the best we've done since MJ left (I think).

In the span of 40 seconds, Rose came from behind and swatted away a sure lay-up from Andre Miller, and then absolutely broke Miller's ankles. It was SICK, gotta catch that s*** on SC if you missed it.

I almost felt bad for Miller on that cross over. ALMOST.

I usually hate Stacey King on commentary but those two plays, he was hilarious.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)

They could have had an above .500 road trip at 4-3 which would have been outstanding considering they were in the Denver and San Antonio games until the 4th quarter (especially the Denver game), but I certainly think we can all live with a 3-4 circus trip after some of the past ones. Good to see Rose get a 10 assist game too, he had a couple 9 ones earlier this year but hadn't hit double digits IIRC. I would guess a triple double is coming soon as well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Pretty decent road trip for the Bulls, and it looks like they'll be battling for ones of those 6-8 spots in the East all season long.

I still think if they could trade very cheaply for Brad Miller (e.g Sefolosa + something for him), they'd certainly make it then.

Also the Magic take on the Celtics tonight. Orlando's been argubly the best road team in the NBA so far, but we're incredibly short-handed without Nelson, Pietrus and Bogans, forcing us to start Anthony Johnson and J.J Redick at the guard spots.

Shows how good Howard has been (he's in MVP consideration right now IMO), and that Lewis and Hedo have picked up their games.

I love Pippen as much as anyone, but when he was called upon in crunch time, he failed and than complained and quit when they didn't go to him.

You don't compare Pippen to Rose right now. Rose is about 13 games into his career. In 10 years, it could easily be Rose > Pippen. Right now, the arguement is moot.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
Pretty decent road trip for the Bulls, and it looks like they'll be battling for ones of those 6-8 spots in the East all season long.

I still think if they could trade very cheaply for Brad Miller (e.g Sefolosa + something for him), they'd certainly make it then.

Also the Magic take on the Celtics tonight. Orlando's been argubly the best road team in the NBA so far, but we're incredibly short-handed without Nelson, Pietrus and Bogans, forcing us to start Anthony Johnson and J.J Redick at the guard spots.

Shows how good Howard has been (he's in MVP consideration right now IMO), and that Lewis and Hedo have picked up their games.

The best? The Lakers haven't even lost a road game yet, although they have had a heavy dose of home games.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
The best? The Lakers haven't even lost a road game yet, although they have had a heavy dose of home games.

Well the Celtics put us in our place tonight, so I can't really argue that anymore. :crying

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)

All in one game, simply amazing. Outside of LeBron James, I haven't seen a guy put up 3 plays that good in one game in a long, long time.

Miller's gonna have nightmares over that cross for years to come. Move over Devin Hester. Derrek Rose YOU ARE RIDICULOUS

Bulls lose in OT to Philly. I know beating a team twice in 3 nights is VERY difficult, but the Bulls have to win a game like that if they want to make the playoffs (feel like a broken record as I made this point about the Illini and the NCAA Tournament earlier, but it's true). WAY too many turnovers tonight as Rose even got into the act in that regard (although he was great otherwise), and poor shooting and rebounding tonight as well. Tyrus had a nice game at least, blah that was a tough loss.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Bulls lose in OT to Philly. I know beating a team twice in 3 nights is VERY difficult, but the Bulls have to win a game like that if they want to make the playoffs (feel like a broken record as I made this point about the Illini and the NCAA Tournament earlier, but it's true). WAY too many turnovers tonight as Rose even got into the act in that regard (although he was great otherwise), and poor shooting and rebounding tonight as well. Tyrus had a nice game at least, blah that was a tough loss.

Why does Tyrus shoot 18 foot jumpers? Has he ever made that shot? Irritates the piss outta me.