Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 12:06 AM)
Good to know you had a great time. People make fun of the "wine and cheese" crowds at the UC, but I love going to Bulls games.

Bulls games are packed front to back with entertainment. Always a good time.

It's unfortunate Pax refuses to make any trades that might help this team. I get almost short of breath thinking about how long ago we should have moved Tyrus or Kirk. I'm sure he could have found a taker for Kirk this offseason if he wasn't Kirk-shaped dildos (including ears!) up his ass because he loves the underachieving turds he's drafted.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm well aware of your desire to get Lawal, I like him too. Luckily he's projected in the late lottery at the moment. :P

I'm sure he'll move up as the season progresses. Pax should make a move to get him if he doesn't fall to us.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Lawal isn't going to be there when the Bulls pick. The word is starting to get out on him, and that will only happen more if he continues to perform in ACC play as most of us would expect he will.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
I'm sure he'll move up as the season progresses. Pax should make a move to get him if he doesn't fall to us.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 02:48 AM)
Lawal isn't going to be there when the Bulls pick. The word is starting to get out on him, and that will only happen more if he continues to perform in ACC play as most of us would expect he will.

Lawal's nowhere near as good as his numbers suggest. He's still very mechanical on offense, as he has no idea how to pass or handle double teams. He's also a mediocre post defender. He's a smart player though who's very athletic. Don't get me started on his FT shooting. BTW, the rumor is he's told D. Favors he's staying another year to try and win a championship at GT. With a trio of Shumpert/Lawal/Favors, that would be as good as there is in the country.

I saw that Steve, but Pax doesn't make significant moves, you know that as well as I do. And fathom, GT isn't winning a title with their current head coach. I am still amazed they made a title game with Hewitt, and that is a good trio, but I'm sure there will be others around the country in 2010.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 02:51 AM)
I saw that Steve, but Pax doesn't make significant moves, you know that as well as I do. And fathom, GT isn't winning a title with their current head coach. I am still amazed they made a title game with Hewitt, and that is a good trio, but I'm sure there will be others around the country in 2010.

That would be next year's trio, and Favors is better than any freshman in the country right now. You know I hate Hewitt more than anyone, but those 3 might be too good for him to undercoach.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)
So would Lamarcus Aldridge, but we probably don't get Rose if we picked anyone good.

Eh, that sort of thinking is no fun. I just remember how badly I wanted Roy and how much I hated Tyrus. I just knew Brandon was going to be a stud.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
Eh, that sort of thinking is no fun. I just remember how badly I wanted Roy and how much I hated Tyrus. I just knew Brandon was going to be a stud.

Wonder how Kevin McHale feels about that Roy for Foye trade right now.

Oops.

Magic beat the Spurs quite easily last night, although the Spurs were playing a back to back game on a brutal schedule.

Still, always nice to beat a contender.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
The same way he'll feel about the Mayo for Love Trade. :lolhitting

I read a column the other day asking who the worser GM was b/w McHale and Thomas.

Honestly, you could build a case for McHale.

Not so fast. I think McHale is a joke, but at the same time, a lot of people, including some of you here likened Love to Mayo. A lot of people didn't want to believe the hype or anything. So no, Mchale doesn't get a slap on the hand for that one at all. I still like Mayo over Rose and I think he will by far be the best out of this class.

Thomas also tried to assemble talent. In terms of pure trades, no one could say Isiah lost alot of them. The thing is, he didn't try to build a team that would necessarily mesh with each other. He's guilty of trying to have the best players. McHale is guilty of pure stupidity. McHale loses.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
I still like Mayo over Rose and I think he will by far be the best out of this class.

Is this based on anything other than just wanting to say something that will shock people?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)
No better than Ben Gordon.

Um, I don't even know what to say.