Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have to imagine that the portland deal proposed above or the heat deal above would be better deals to take than anything the bulls could offer....with the heat, i guess they don't want marion back, at least not at his salary, but beasley would be a perfect block for them.....and portland i would think aldridge would be very appealing plus a pick or two...i guess the bulls can maybe offer a better package, with more quantity of players, at more affordable price, but i think the top end talent is better in the other two offers

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 07:03 AM)
If Paxson somehow pulls off Stoudamire, does he go from Pariah to Savior a la Danny Ainge?

Yes.

The slate will be wiped clean in my book. The boycott would be over and i'd be jazzed about this team's chances for the future.

As for this Portland to Phoenix talk, they've already openly stated they are not trading Aldridge.

Edited by Steve9347

Man, Amare's numbers have really taken a dive this season now that I look at them. Scoring down from 25 last year to 20 this year, 1 less rebound per game, 1 less block per game, 0.6 more turnovers per game, and that's in more minutes than last year as well.

Either he's not the same player once you take him out of the SSOL offense or something's catching up with him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
Yes.

The slate will be wiped clean in my book. The boycott would be over and i'd be jazzed about this team's chances for the future.

As for this Portland to Phoenix talk, they've already openly stated they are not trading Aldridge.

Almost wiped clean. It's not like he's acquiring two HOF players at once. He would view much better upon in my book. The Bulls are going hard after Amare though.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 06:18 AM)
i would have to imagine that the portland deal proposed above or the heat deal above would be better deals to take than anything the bulls could offer....with the heat, i guess they don't want marion back, at least not at his salary, but beasley would be a perfect block for them.....and portland i would think aldridge would be very appealing plus a pick or two...i guess the bulls can maybe offer a better package, with more quantity of players, at more affordable price, but i think the top end talent is better in the other two offers

Does Portland have an expiring contract? The Suns have been in Salary cap hell for years, and it's arguably why they haven't won several titles (trading away their #7 pick in 2004 for nothing, giving up Kurt Thomas for nothing, giving up Joe Johnson) and on and on. That's a potential asset on the Bulls side.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Man, Amare's numbers have really taken a dive this season now that I look at them. Scoring down from 25 last year to 20 this year, 1 less rebound per game, 1 less block per game, 0.6 more turnovers per game, and that's in more minutes than last year as well.

Either he's not the same player once you take him out of the SSOL offense or something's catching up with him.

in the past he was the suns only post presence and on the few occasions where they were in the half court they fed him the ball alot...theyve been using shaq a ton this season and it has taken away from amare IMO...also as an offense the suns are scoring 5ish fewer points than last year....either way he is an upgrade over anything we have

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
If the Bulls get Stoudemire, do they immediately give him an extension?

I don't think they can without crossing in to luxury tax territory. I think they need to wait for Hughes's contract to expire to do that.

(Edit; depending of course on what they give up to get him)

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
in the past he was the suns only post presence and on the few occasions where they were in the half court they fed him the ball alot...theyve been using shaq a ton this season and it has taken away from amare IMO...also as an offense the suns are scoring 5ish fewer points than last year....either way he is an upgrade over anything we have

Well, he's also unmotivated. They don't feed him the ball much downlow, Porter has phased him out of the offense and it is now ran through Shaq. With that, you have an unmotivated Amare who just looks around because he doesn't care.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Well, he's also unmotivated. They don't feed him the ball much downlow, Porter has phased him out of the offense and it is now ran through Shaq. With that, you have an unmotivated Amare who just looks around because he doesn't care.

And Vinny Del Negro is the solution to that because...?

The Bobcats traded swingmen Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown to the Lakers on Saturday in exchange for Vladimir Radmanovic.

Morrison and Brown aren't likely to see more than spot minutes for the Lakers, and shouldn't be worth owning in most leagues. The addition of Radmanovic bolsters the Bobcats thin frontcourt, though the return of Gerald Wallace (lung, ribs) will soon diminish his value.

Forgot Morrison was in the league. Ha

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
And Vinny Del Negro is the solution to that because...?

Vinny knows what type of offense he wants to use, Amare is perfect for that offense, there is no one for Amare that he has to defer to, and he wants to play in a big city because of his rap label and other enterprises.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
Forgot Morrison was in the league. Ha

I didn't realized Shannon Brown was still in the league either. It's easy to forget players on the Bobkats.

"my "see" letter isn't working, or the letter between B and D. So I'm using k's and s's to solve the problem for now.

That was b**** defense by Kidd on that Rose drive. No fould called when he clearly looked to intentionally under cut him as he went to the basket.

Other angle showed Kidd was going for the strip, but he still undercut him and should of been a foul.

Edited by Brian