Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Why in the world would the Clippers want another high priced guard?

Because Baron Davis is too much of a ball hog?

Honestly I think Davis will be a buy-out candidate for that team soon enough.

Gordon will be a damn good SG, Thornton's decent at SF (albeit he could play better defense and not shhot so much), and Zach and Camby give you a pretty good C/PF combo.

At least Hinrich will be more of a distributor I guess.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this;

Sources have confirmed that the Kings and Bulls have talked about a trade that would send Drew Gooden and Andres Nocioni to the Kings for John Salmons and Brad Miller.

If anyone is going to be moved in the next 23 hours it's Miller. He would probably start at center for the Bulls, pushing Joakim Noah to the bench, while Gooden and Nocioni would just give the Kings more forwards they don't need. Spencer Hawes would start at center for the Kings, while John Salmons would likely be the sixth man for the Bulls - if this trade were to happen.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
maybe we send Salmons somewhere else in a three-way trade?

mmm, maybe we can get Peavy and Roberts while we're at it? I'm fine with this move if it actually improves the team, but after this Amare/Bosh fiasco it's hard not to see any other deal as anything but a move for the sake of a move.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
According to 670 via David Aldridge, the Bulls just got John Salmons and Brad Miller for Drew Gooden and Andres Nocioni.

At least we're rid of the Noc contract.

awesome! NOW kirk for kaman! ( yes, I have lost all hope for Amare or Bosh)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)
mmm, maybe we can get Peavy and Roberts while we're at it? I'm fine with this move if it actually improves the team, but after this Amare/Bosh fiasco it's hard not to see any other deal as anything but a move for the sake of a move.

There have been a number of teams interested in Salmons, considering we already have Deng --- is it really that far-fetched to think that the bulls would want to send him elsewhere -- especially when there has been a lot of interest in him around the league?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
According to 670 via David Aldridge, the Bulls just got John Salmons and Brad Miller for Drew Gooden and Andres Nocioni.

At least we're rid of the Noc contract.

This actually reduces the Bulls cap room next season. In other words, we can no longer offer Gordon as much as we could before this deal. Miller has 2 years on his contract, Salmons has 3.

I dislike.

That does clear a couple million in 2010 though, and I think that'd be enough to offer a max deal to Bosh that year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
This actually reduces the Bulls cap room next season. In other words, we can no longer offer Gordon as much as we could before this deal. Miller has 2 years on his contract, Salmons has 3.

I dislike.

That does clear a couple million in 2010 though, and I think that'd be enough to offer a max deal to Bosh that year.

Doesn't excite me all that much either if true. Hasn't Miller been just as hurt as Gooden recently?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)

I dislike.

Miller + Hughes = 25 mill in 2010.

Get over Gordon, he's been as good as gone since he took the 1 year deal. Salmons will be a fine, and taller replacement.

I LOVE this deal for the Bulls.

They are basically trading 2 bench players for a SG/SF who can put up 18PPG and provide better defense than Gordon, and a center in Brad Miller who's probably top 10 in his position in the league with a 2010 expiring contract.

No excuses for them not to make the playoffs now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Supposedly this was a three way deal involving Portland, and the Bulls got Ike Diogu for Michael Ruffin as well.

Diogu's bounced around a lot in the league, but he'll give the Bulls another body in the frontcourt.

C - Miller and Noah

PF - Thomas and Diogu

That's a pretty decent frontcourt rotation.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
Diogu's bounced around a lot in the league, but he'll give the Bulls another body in the frontcourt.

C - Miller and Noah

PF - Thomas and Diogu

That's a pretty decent frontcourt rotation.

Diogu appears to be heading to the Kings actually.

this franchise clearly is playing for 2011....why is everyone excited about this trade? Gooden is younger and better than brad miller, and was an expiring contract (though I realize its possible Drew won't play the rest of the year). Maybe Miller is a better defender with a bigger body, but not by much. John salmons is an average player on a horrible team which has caused his PPG to skyrocket...players like salmons are a dime a dozen, IMO he's barely an upgrade over nocioni...Part of me is angry because the NBA is clearly a superstar league and instead of landing the superstars over the years we end up with guys Brad Miller. On the other hand I think this sends a message that we will be real players in the 2010 FA class as we cleared up Noc's deal for that year

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
this franchise clearly is playing for 2011....why is everyone excited about this trade? Gooden is younger and better than brad miller, and was an expiring contract. Maybe Miller is a better defender with a bigger body, but not by much. John salmons is an average player on a horrible team which has caused his PPG to skyrocket...players like salmons are a dime a dozen, IMO he's barely an upgrade over nocioni...Part of me is angry because the NBA is clearly a superstar league and instead of landing the superstars over the years we end up with guys Brad Miller. On the other hand I think this sends a message that we will be real players in the 2010 FA class as we cleared up Noc's deal for that year

Gordon: 20.4 ppg

Salmons 18.3 ppg

Gordon: .450 FG%

Salmons: .472 FG%

Gordon: .417 3PT%

Salmons: .418 3PT%

Salmons is also a legit 6'6 and plays better defense than Gordon. No one is proclaiming that we're gonna make the Finals because of this deal, but we certainly improve our team NOW and help our cap situation in the future.