Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
They want to go after Bosh or Stoudemire. From a very good source, they don't want Lebron or Wade because they want Rose to have the ball as much as possible.

I'd be really content with a 2010 front line of Bosh or Stoudemire, TT, and Noah.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
these rumors have me absolutely convinced we will go big in that offseason...we are posturing along with the knicks...Hell we could go after lebron...if we have Rose, money to go after lebron, + 8-10 mil, lebron just might think that this is the best place for him...man that would be sweet

Well, if he did come here, he could wear #23 and all too, right?

Because the Bulls have never had a good #23, right?

:ph34r:

No offense to the Bulls but if they had the caproom for lebron and they didn't make an effort to sign him i'd be f***ing pissed. The money is the same for Lebron or Bosh (the reality is it would be) and LBJ might be the best player in the NBA at that point. You clearly make a run at him. I guess the other theory would be that you don't get burned banking on LBJ and than lose out on him while realizing all of the other options have already signed elsewhere.

From ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?p...kRoundup-090218

That would make them serious players in the 2010 free agent market for ... you guessed it ... Chris Bosh. A source close to Bosh told me this afternoon that Chicago would be his first choice as a free agent destination that summer.

I'm not going to lie, Bosh teaming up with Deng/Thomas/Noah/Rose would be pretty badass.

There is also a rumor floating that Thabo will be traded for Noah Lowry or Jaryd Blayless. Not certain how much truth there is to this, but if the Bulls move Hinrich they will have a need for a PG of some sort and either on of these guys would be nice fits behind Rose. Plus Salmons comes in as a lengthier 2 guard and that is the one thing Sef currently possesses that none of the other Bulls guards do (aside from Hughes).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
There is also a rumor floating that Thabo will be traded for Noah Lowry or Jaryd Blayless. Not certain how much truth there is to this, but if the Bulls move Hinrich they will have a need for a PG of some sort and either on of these guys would be nice fits behind Rose. Plus Salmons comes in as a lengthier 2 guard and that is the one thing Sef currently possesses that none of the other Bulls guards do (aside from Hughes).

no way we get bayless for Thabo. I would s*** my pants.

part of it is because he was a starter on probably the worst team in the NBA...but its certainly more than worth noting that John Salmons is dead last in the NBA in +/- at -402......worst on the bulls is Thabo at -87...I am concerned about Rose being 3rd worst on our team at -79...interestingly enough, the guy we are sending (nocioni) is highest on our team at +90

The only relevance of this trade was financial reasons. By the time the Bulls are good enough to matter, Brad Miller will be too old or on another team, and John Salmons is a journeyman having a career year who turns 30 in 10 months. It's a fitting Paxson type move, some noise with minimal to no relevance. I understand that this move along with perhaps moving Kirk Hinrich tomorrow puts the Bulls in better position for the summer of 2010, but do YOU trust John Paxson to make the big, good moves then? I don't. Hopefully he'll be gone though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
part of it is because he was a starter on probably the worst team in the NBA...but its certainly more than worth noting that John Salmons is dead last in the NBA in +/- at -402......worst on the bulls is Thabo at -87...I am concerned about Rose being 3rd worst on our team at -79...interestingly enough, the guy we are sending (nocioni) is highest on our team at +90

Garbage. Minutes. It's a pointless stat.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
The only relevance of this trade was financial reasons. By the time the Bulls are good enough to matter, Brad Miller will be good old or on another team, and John Salmons is a journeyman having a career year who turns 30 in 10 months. It's a fitting Paxson type move, some noise with minimal to no relevance. I understand that this move along with perhaps moving Kirk Hinrich tomorrow puts the Bulls in better position for the summer of 2010, but do YOU trust John Paxson to make the big, good moves then? I don't. Hopefully he'll be gone though.

Agreed. Keep in mind, the Bulls have been in great situations before where they set themselves up nicely like with the Curry trade getting draft picks and tons of cap space.

So who's pissed that the Bulls were offered Chandler first and declined for Noah and Gooden? I'm not, but I know Chandler still has a lot of supporters on this board.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
Agreed. Keep in mind, the Bulls have been in great situations before where they set themselves up nicely like with the Curry trade getting draft picks and tons of cap space.

So who's pissed that the Bulls were offered Chandler first and declined for Noah and Gooden? I'm not, but I know Chandler still has a lot of supporters on this board.

It would have been a good trade, but Chandler has been pretty injury prone and really, it would have made more sense if we got Amare or another PF who can actually score.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
The only relevance of this trade was financial reasons. By the time the Bulls are good enough to matter, Brad Miller will be good old or on another team, and John Salmons is a journeyman having a career year who turns 30 in 10 months. It's a fitting Paxson type move, some noise with minimal to no relevance. I understand that this move along with perhaps moving Kirk Hinrich tomorrow puts the Bulls in better position for the summer of 2010, but do YOU trust John Paxson to make the big, good moves then? I don't. Hopefully he'll be gone though.

They're purging the roster so that Paxson can leave the team in a good position. I seriously doubt he last until 2010.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/

Knicks targeting Bulls' Larry Hughes

February 18, 2009

The Knicks are in talks with the Chicago Bulls about a deal for shooting guard Larry Hughes, whose contract expires in two summers.

Malik Rose's expiring contract is being dangled in a potential deal but the Knicks would have to include another player to make the deal satisfy salary cap restrictions. The Knicks would gladly include Jerome James, who is coming off Achilles surgery and may never play again. James' contract also expires after next season.

There is a possibility that Nate Robinson could be included in the deal since Robinson is set to become a restricted free agent on July 1. The fans may not want to see the popular Robinson traded but the team president Donnie Walsh has made it known that his plan is to sign two All-Star caliber free agents by 2010.

The only way David Lee would be included in a deal for Hughes is if the Bulls include either Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah, who may be expendable now that Chicago has acquired Brad Miller from Sacramento.

Walsh is said to be fond of Noah, an athletic big man who is putting up big numbers. The Knicks are also split on what to do with Lee, who will be a free agent this summer. Lee has enjoyed a breakout season but some in the organization wonder if he has reached his ceiling. On Tuesday, Lee was no match for Tim Duncan, who scored 13 fourth quarter points. Lee also missed a crucial free throw in the final minute and then knowingly gave his sixth foul in the final three seconds while guarding Tony Parker, who finished the night shooting 5-for-20.

Although the Knicks won the game, Lee's decision to give a foul - the Knicks had one to give - was a questionable move at best. If the Knicks were up one, Lee would have been smart to foul. But in a tied game, there is a strong chance that the game will go into overtime. Think of it this way, how many All-Stars (and Lee thinks he belongs in that group) would knowingly foul out of a tie game? The answer is none.

Chandler doesn't have his contract expire until the summer of 2011, whereas there is hope Salmons will decline his option and Miller is done in the summer of 2010, so I have no beef with them not doing the Chandler deal, plus Noah is KIND OF an asset at the moment since I'm sure some teams like him a little. I think the Bulls have to trade Hinrich to SOMEBODY for expiring deals/cap relief tomorrow (probably Minnesota it sounds like) because if they don't, they'll be in luxury cap territory next season and we know Uncle Jerry won't stand for that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
I actually like ALL of those senarios, as long as it's Noah that would be leaving and NOT Tyrus.

If Hughes wasn't such a pain in the ass, that contract would be a HUGE asset next year. Between him and Miller, thats over 25 million coming off the books after 2010. Those 2 could be key at the trade deadline next year.