Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

Gerald Henderson His mid-range game is there now, he can jump out of the building, he plays solid defense, and he can block shots and rebound.

Then again, at pick 25 or so, he'll likely be gone.

Well, with our 11th-14th pick (which ever range we'll be by the end of the season) we could nab him there. Honestly, I don't care if the bulls take on an above average to pretty good looking player (Harden, [who will probably be gone though] Henderson) or a boom-bust/project/potential stud (DeRosan maybe?) at the two guard specifically considering the upcomming draft is very, very weak. I also can't see Gordon comming back next season either.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
Well, with our 11th-14th pick (which ever range we'll be by the end of the season) we could nab him there. Honestly, I don't care if the bulls take on an above average to pretty good looking player (Harden, [who will probably be gone though] Henderson) or a boom-bust/project/potential stud (DeRosan maybe?) at the two guard specifically considering the upcomming draft is very, very weak. I also can't see Gordon comming back next season either.

It's also possible the Bulls could package pick 15 and pick 25 and move up a little ways if there's a particular player they want.

The Thunder must have really liked Thabo...

How in the world did we get a first round pick in return? It'll most likely be a lottery pick or even a top 3 pick. Wow the Bulls have had it good for the past two years draft-wise. This team better be something next year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
The Thunder must have really liked Thabo...

How in the world did we get a first round pick in return? It'll most likely be a lottery pick or even a top 3 pick. Wow the Bulls have had it good for the past two years draft-wise. This team better be something next year.

The Thunder traded us the pick they received from the San Antonio Spurs - lottery protected -- so will will likely get a pick in the lower 3rd of the first round.

Bulls looking real solid tonight. The thing I hate so much about where we are is that I obviously want them to win, but you know we are just one-and-done with the Celtics, Magic or Cavs looming. But as far as I am concerned, I have had enough of draft picks (I can't imagine we get so lucky this year in the lottery), so I would rather be one and done in the playoffs than have a draft pick 2-3 spots higher.

It's way easier to root for the Bulls right now. Sefolosha was painful to watch and it was hard to watch Hughes rot on the bench with a sizable contract. At least the new sizable contracts to rot won't be complaining about playing time.

The Bulls really have been playing much better ball in the last month. It reminds me of the first year Skiles took the Bulls to the playoffs(his first full year). The Bulls were just crap for the first two months, then in late december Eddy and Tyson started going off and the Bulls started looking like a team. Im excited that the Bulls actually are going to have a skilled big to run the pick and roll with in Miller, and while Thomas is certainly a me-first player, he can fill it up and had a lot of success after the Bulls let him go to Phoenix that year.

And I agree with MaggsMaggs, they are probably going to run into a first round buzzsaw in Orlando, Boston or Cleveland, but you never know what might happen in the playoffs.

Tyrus Thomas has become a double double machine, I actually sort of trust him with the 18-20 foot shot now, he seems to be getting the shooters touch nowadays(like he did last night when Carmelo fouled him).

I'm really excited about the Bulls. Paxson did a great job at the deadline. Plus Hinrich is still here and I really love the guy. He's a really good player when he's healthy. He had one really awful stretch of his career last season and it was when he was just flat out trying to do too much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 21, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
Anybody know why Rose played so little in the 4th last night? He ended up with 26 minutes, but with 7 players dressed (hunter doesnt count), he should see way more time than that. just Vinny holding back the future of the franchise again?

Hinrich and Gordon were playing well together and they kept extending the lead. No need to change up the lineup when they were doing so well last night.