Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh ok 1.) wade traveled before he dished to beasley 2.) offensive basket interference on haslem 3.) how was that not a fast break

TYRUS!

no matter the outcome this has been the most entertaining game all year

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
That was a crazy ending....VDN continues to draw up terrible plays at the end of games.

im fairly certain that wasn't designed for salmons like that ....at least the way things looked out of the inbounds it wasn't

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
The Bulls have zero interest in Wade. That's a fact straight from someone very, very close to Wade.

I find that very hard to believe if Wade wants to sign here, cap room is available and Lebron or Bosh is not an option.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 04:04 AM)
I find that very hard to believe if Wade wants to sign here, cap room is available and Lebron or Bosh is not an option.

1. Bosh is choice number one, followed by Amare. Bosh also says that the Bulls are his first choice.

2. The Bulls, and rightfully so, know that Rose and Wade couldn't co-exist in the same backcourt.

Dwyane Wade has to be the MVP right now. Over his last 5 games he's averaging 38.4 ppg, 11.4 apg, 6.6 rpg, 3.4 spg, and 1.2 bpg.

For the season he's averaging a MJ type 29.4 ppg, 7.6 apg, 5.1 rpg, 2.2 spg, 1.4 bpg, with his lowest turnovers since his rookie season.

Wade, 29.4 ppg, 7.6 apg, 5.1 rpg, 2.21 spg, 1.39 bpg

Lebron, 28.1 ppg, 7 apg, 7.4 rpg, 1.69 spg, 1.18 bpg

I'll put it this way.

Wade is 1st in scoring, 9th in assists, 2nd in steals, and 22nd in blocks. He is carrying the Heat on his back while often having 20 year old Beasley, 21 year old DQ Cook, and 22 year old Mario Chalmers in the lineup with him.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
im fairly certain that wasn't designed for salmons like that ....at least the way things looked out of the inbounds it wasn't

It was and wasn't. Basically Rose was supposed to handle the rock and take it to the rack hoping someone would collapse, then dishing off to the open guy. They couldn't get the ball into Rose, so Salmons took the ball. Now the plan also stated, if it's a broken play, take advantage and try to get Ben the ball. Thing is, Salmons had a mismatch. Haslem who can't keep up with John was on him at the top of the key.

The only mistake on that play was that Salmons went way too early. He should've went with 3 seconds.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 12:33 AM)
It was and wasn't. Basically Rose was supposed to handle the rock and take it to the rack hoping someone would collapse, then dishing off to the open guy. They couldn't get the ball into Rose, so Salmons took the ball. Now the plan also stated, if it's a broken play, take advantage and try to get Ben the ball. Thing is, Salmons had a mismatch. Haslem who can't keep up with John was on him at the top of the key.

The only mistake on that play was that Salmons went way too early. He should've went with 3 seconds.

How did you manage to get into the huddle to hear that? :D ;)

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
The Bulls have zero interest in Wade. That's a fact straight from someone very, very close to Wade.

Link?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
1. Bosh is choice number one, followed by Amare. Bosh also says that the Bulls are his first choice.

2. The Bulls, and rightfully so, know that Rose and Wade couldn't co-exist in the same backcourt.

Link?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
That isn't true at all. I'm really not a Bulls fan, but I know this fact to be untrue.

There was an article right before the deadline, and I wish I remember where from, that said Bosh has told people he wants to go to Chicago. I've also had this confirmed by one of his GT buddies.