All-Time ******* Team

Texsox

I think you can guess the qualifier for this team. Of course it is mostly based on speculation. But how about trotting out this line up? You would need a really big weight room as much as these guys work out.

C Ivan Rodriguez

1B Mark McGwire

2B Bret Boone

SS ??

3B Ken Camineti

LF Barry Bonds

CF Sammy Sosa

RF Jose Canseco

DH Rafael Palmeira

I need a SS. Of course Clemens will be on the mound for the first day. And perhaps I would have Billy Botch as closer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Palmeiro won a gold glove at 1b and you've got him @ DH and McGwire @ 1b?

Gagne closes and that shouldn't even be close.

Could really use a CF upgrade.

That gold glove was a joke, he played like 30 games there that year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
Palmeiro won a gold glove at 1b and you've got him @ DH and McGwire @ 1b?

Gagne closes and that shouldn't even be close.

Could really use a CF upgrade.

They could platoon ;)

Is Gagne tainted enough? I was just tossing out a name, I prefer Gagne if he "qualifies".

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 21, 2008 -> 11:57 AM)
They could platoon ;)

Is Gagne tainted enough? I was just tossing out a name, I prefer Gagne if he "qualifies".

Gagne is as qualified as anybody. He was an undrafted nobody in the Dodgers system, suddenly and randomly gained 7 MPH on his fastball and a biting slider, missed almost two full seasons (2005 and 2006) to injury after three dominant seasons, and now has not been able to get people out since he came back despite only being 31 and now 32 years old.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
Gagne is as qualified as anybody. He was an undrafted nobody in the Dodgers system, suddenly and randomly gained 7 MPH on his fastball and a biting slider, missed almost two full seasons (2005 and 2006) to injury after three dominant seasons, and now has not been able to get people out since he came back despite only being 31 and now 32 years old.

We have a closer.

If the team stays healthy, do we have a WS team?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)

Gagne actually was drafted...by the White Sox. Didn't sign, and then he signed with the Dodgers.

Brady Anderson should be on the team and start in CF in place of Sosa. The team has enough sluggers and we need a legit lead off man that will give you 30+ stolen bases and one 50 hr season (and then 40 or so homers total for the rest of his years playing).

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ May 22, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
Magglio and Sheff would be outstanding bench players on this team. I will also go ahead and nominate Javy Lopez for back-up catcher and Boomer Wells to fill the 5th spot in the rotation.

I couldn't see David Wells injecting himself with steroids. I could see him injecting himself with a liquefied jelly donut, but not steroids.