Wilder/Regier thread

NorthSideSox72

Here's the information I was told. I'm not saying the other stuff out there is false, just repeating what I heard. Wilder and company were responsible for negotiating with players that were going into the minor leagues. They would come up with a price with the player, and then when they went to KW, Hahn, etc., they were stating a high price than what was agreed upon. Thus, they would get the higher price, and they were keeping the money that they prospects didn't know about.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
Here's the information I was told. I'm not saying the other stuff out there is false, just repeating what I heard. Wilder and company were responsible for negotiating with players that were going into the minor leagues. They would come up with a price with the player, and then when they went to KW, Hahn, etc., they were stating a high price than what was agreed upon. Thus, they would get the higher price, and they were keeping the money that they prospects didn't know about.

That and now our player development staff has to sort out who belongs where in our minor league system since Wilder got guys promoted to justify his signings.

one thing for sure... thank goodness this came out before the draft. It's going to be a tough situation for whoever takes over since there is only 2 weeks before the draft, but it's sure as whole lot better than those two scumbags running their schemes and drafting garbage so they can make some extra $$$.

QUOTE (quickman @ May 21, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
guys I am way late to the game on this, and I do not see any thing on whitesox .com, or the newspapers on the latest. Can someone please recap a bit more.

In a while, we're working some things out. In the meantime, I think this trib post offers up a summary of what we're truly sure of:

The White Sox split the duties of since-fired player personnel director David Wilder.

Buddy Bell now will oversee the entire minor-league operations after joining the Sox last October as their director of minor league instruction.

Alan Regier, the Sox's director of player development, now will assist general manager Kenny Williams in evaluating prospects for the June 5 draft.