5/22 gamethread: Indians (22-24) vs Sox (25-20); 7:11; CSN

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the streak alive.

Big game though, and kind of a statement game IMHO.

Cleveland have had MB's # for a long, long time now, he always seems to struggle against them.

This could be the type of game, where if they could get to him again, it could wake their lineup a bit out of their slumber.

MB needs a good outing tonight. Pitched well against San Francisco, but it's San Francisco.

Cleveland have had MB's # for a long, long time now, he always seems to struggle against them.

This could be the type of game, where if they could get to him again, it could wake their lineup a bit out of their slumber.

Agree 100%!!

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 22, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
still can't believe the 133M payroll Tigers can be called worst in the AL, amazing....

I know they're not hitting, but that pitching is killing them. They're dead last in the AL in ERA at 4.93 ( I don't believe that counts today's game).

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ May 22, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
8 is a good number for the Sox.. wasn't the last time they had an 8 game winning streak '05 when they did it a few times?

In 06 they won 9 or 10 in a row, I think.

Upon checking, it was 9 in a row for '06.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (G&T @ May 22, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
In 06 they won 9 or 10 in a row, I think.

Upon checking, it was 9 in a row for '06.

Prior to 2006 it had been about 20 years since the Sox had a winning streak of longer than 8. They did the 8 win streak at least 3 times in 05 that I can recall. One of them ended the season. I liked that one.