5/22 gamethread: Indians (22-24) vs Sox (25-20); 7:11; CSN

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 23, 2008 -> 01:47 AM)
alexei turns the DP quicker than even uribe i think...fastest on a sox 2b ive seen i think

I was watching Padres game last night, and their announcers were saying how Iguchi has a good arm when turning the double play. I almost threw up in my mouth.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i can understand konerko cuz he has been injured and is aging...but im just shocked at how few balls nick swisher has hit hard this year...steroids or not, even with the juice you still have to square a ball up to get it outa the park...and swish just hasnt done it alot this year

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 23, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
So much for Swisher being an offensive force with the move to a hitter's park in USCF. His home line was .200/.300/.314 coming into tonight's game.

I'm just thankful that Gio and DLS have been brutal. There's no doubt in my mind Brian Anderson is a better hitter than Swisher now.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 23, 2008 -> 02:57 AM)
I still would never trade his baseball card.

I was thinking yesterday that my 3 favorite baseball movies are Major League, Little Big League, and Mr. Baseball. Randy Johnson jumping up celebrating after Griffey Jr. robs Lou to end the game is one of the best scenes in cinematic history.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 22, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
Linebrink will be dead by July.

Yeah it would be nice to have a reliever who could be trusted to hold a 5 run lead in the eighth.

Uribe has come up with some big hits too. And how about that HR Geoff Blum hit in the WS?

Please, continue to make yourself foolish by comparing him to those players. Neither of them have ever posted numbers close to Thome's, and Thome has come up for the Sox in other situations since being dealt here. I guess all 86 of his home runs were "non-clutch" and meaningless.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 22, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
i can understand konerko cuz he has been injured and is aging...but im just shocked at how few balls nick swisher has hit hard this year...steroids or not, even with the juice you still have to square a ball up to get it outa the park...and swish just hasnt done it alot this year

I don't know what to think about Swisher or Cabrera. I want to like both of them, but they're not making it easy. Has Swisher been prone to extended slumps throughout his career? Is Cabrera a known slow starter? I hope so.....

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 23, 2008 -> 02:59 AM)
I don't know what to think about Swisher or Cabrera. I want to like both of them, but they're not making it easy. Has Swisher been prone to extended slumps throughout his career? Is Cabrera a known slow starter? I hope so.....

Their lack of doubles is stunning.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 22, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
Ya, I just looked at his projected IP for the season, and it isn't nearly as bad as I thought. It just seems like he is pitching every day.

It just seems that way because there have been a couple heavy use periods for him, but you don't really notice when he gets 2 or 3 days off in a row.