• Duncan Donuts
    • Starbucks
    • Other Premium
    • House Brand Generic
  2. 2. Do you buy beans

• Already Ground
    • Whole and Grind Fresh
    • Whole, Roast, and Grind

I went back to Folgers a few months back after realizing I became so accustomed to the custom blend from a local coffee shop, it wasn't any better then when I was accustomed to Folgers, and Folgers was 80% cheaper.

Currently it's Folger's French Roast.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guilty of being a liberal, Starbucks' drinking, Prius driving, elitist...minus the Prius.

I typically buy Starbucks whole beans and grind them at home. Occasionally I'll buy fair trade beans from South America or Africa.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 23, 2008 -> 06:43 AM)
I went back to Folgers a few months back after realizing I became so accustomed to the custom blend from a local coffee shop, it wasn't any better then when I was accustomed to Folgers, and Folgers was 80% cheaper.

Currently it's Folger's French Roast.

I buy Starbucks beans when available. If they're fresh they'll be oily, as they should be...otherwise it's not so wonderful. I also like 8'o'clock dark roast, also very oily, but harder to find...

I grind fresh when I do make coffee, otherwise I stop at Dunkin Donuts in the morning (since its in the basement of the building I work in downtown), it's just more convienent to have my morning coffee here at work for my daily scan of Soxtalk...

I must have atleast one cup of coffee a day or Iam sure to get a headache by about 4 or 5 o'clock.So I know I have a bit of an addiction but Folgers is my favorite.Hills Brothers on the other hand is the worst liquid I have ever tasted,it cant even consider themselves a coffee company.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
I must have atleast one cup of coffee a day or Iam sure to get a headache by about 4 or 5 o'clock.So I know I have a bit of an addiction but Folgers is my favorite.Hills Brothers on the other hand is the worst liquid I have ever tasted,it cant even consider themselves a coffee company.

You know what really sucks about it?! They've prooven that regular coffee drinkers need the shot of caffien (morning cup of coffee) just to get to where a non-coffee drinker already is...

So basically, if you had never started drinking it, you would wake up where you are AFTER you drink your first cup...

Lucky for me I love the taste of coffee, and don't require the caffieen boost in the morning...which is why I usually don't even have my first cup until well after an hour after I wake up.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
You know what really sucks about it?! They've prooven that regular coffee drinkers need the shot of caffien (morning cup of coffee) just to get to where a non-coffee drinker already is...

So basically, if you had never started drinking it, you would wake up where you are AFTER you drink your first cup...

Lucky for me I love the taste of coffee, and don't require the caffieen boost in the morning...which is why I usually don't even have my first cup until well after an hour after I wake up.

I need to learn how to spell caffein.

I drink 6 cups a day, actually three mugs full. Two before breakfast, one after. I use to do the after lunch cup, but as I've gotten older, it started affecting my sleep habits and countered the affects of the heroin.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2008 -> 07:11 AM)
I'm guilty of being a liberal, Starbucks' drinking, Prius driving, elitist...minus the Prius.

I typically buy Starbucks whole beans and grind them at home. Occasionally I'll buy fair trade beans from South America or Africa.

I usually get Maxwell House for the AM at home. Then I get a cup of Starbucks or Caribou at lunch.

One exception is I get the Christmas Blend from Starbucks for home when available. It is my favorite blend. Also, the new "pike's place" roast from starbucks is excellent

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:24 AM)
I drink 6 cups a day, actually three mugs full. Two before breakfast, one after. I use to do the after lunch cup, but as I've gotten older, it started affecting my sleep habits and countered the affects of the heroin.
I love coffee just as much as the next person but six cups a day cant be healthy. Edited by shipps

QUOTE (shipps @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
I love coffee just as much as the next person but six cups a day cant be healthy.

my dad does probably the same thing. The man drinks coffee with everything and at any time of day. I can't drink it much after 4 or 5 or it keeps me up

I drink practically everything. Got Folger's right now, but my favorite is probably Caribou Coffee French Roast. However, a coworker and I look up the highest rated coffees at coffeereview.com and order them online. Those are in such a different league and taste so different you might either love them or hate them. You can also buy raw green beans and roasted them in an air popcorn popper, which is great if you want to save money these days, too.

Oh yeah, gotta say - black with sugar please.

SFF

QUOTE (SpringfieldFan @ May 23, 2008 -> 07:40 AM)
I drink practically everything. Got Folger's right now, but my favorite is probably Caribou Coffee French Roast. However, a coworker and I look up the highest rated coffees at coffeereview.com and order them online. Those are in such a different league and taste so different you might either love them or hate them. You can also buy raw green beans and roasted them in an air popcorn popper, which is great if you want to save money these days, too.

Oh yeah, gotta say - black with sugar please.

SFF

I take mine black all the time (no need for Airplane! jokes!!!)

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
I hate the snooty, obnoxious personalities that congregate in Starbucks. I'm the old-school, Dunkin Donuts type of person.

I don't know how "old school" DD is when they charge almost as much as Starbucks.

I'm not saying they have bad coffee, just that it's not really a donut shop price, anymore, and that takes something away.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
I don't know how "old school" DD is when they charge almost as much as Starbucks.

I'm not saying they have bad coffee, just that it's not really a donut shop price, anymore, and that takes something away.

A large coffee at DD is like 2.50 which is half the price of Starbucks.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 23, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
A large coffee at DD is like 2.50 which is half the price of Starbucks.

Not for a "coffee" at Starbucks, depending on the roast I think you can get any size of "coffee" at Starbucks for under $2.00.

Now, the large at DD is bigger than Starbucks venti and speciality drinks do clock in at about 4.50-5.00

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Not for a "coffee" at Starbucks, depending on the roast I think you can get any size of "coffee" at Starbucks for under $2.00.

Now, the large at DD is bigger than Starbucks venti and speciality drinks do clock in at about 4.50-5.00

Yeah, I'm just talking about plain coffee, nothing fancy.