Vietnam Traveling Wall

HuskyCaucasian

I thought I might give this a quick plug if you dont mind.

"The Cost of Freedom" Vietnam Traveling Wall is in Schaumburg this Memorial Day Weekend (Today - Monday night). It's being hosted at Alexian Field (aka Schaumburg Flyers Stadium) and is open 8AM to 8PM. I was on the committee to help bring this wall here and plan all the events of the weekend. I am the "Sound Coordinator" and running sound for all the various events and choirs/Bands playing this weekend (except Saturday morning).

It's a really cool event and I would encourage those in the area to stop by.

A list of the special programs can be seen here.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
I have not seen the traveling wall yet. I did see the one in DC a few years back. It was very moving (no pun intended).

It almost seems like a cliche but I first visited the wall on a drizzly night in DC. Almost alone, except for one other person. One of the most moving times of my life. Much better then the almost carnival like atmosphere the next day.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 25, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
It almost seems like a cliche but I first visited the wall on a drizzly night in DC. Almost alone, except for one other person. One of the most moving times of my life. Much better then the almost carnival like atmosphere the next day.

I went to DC to visit a friend, and he still had a few hours of work to do, so I went and saw that by myself. That was all I saw the rest of the day as i didn't go anywhere else. However at that time, there were a lot of other people there. I think it went from a low of maybe 10 other people to a high approaching 75 when a class field trip came by.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 25, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
I went to DC to visit a friend, and he still had a few hours of work to do, so I went and saw that by myself. That was all I saw the rest of the day as i didn't go anywhere else. However at that time, there were a lot of other people there. I think it went from a low of maybe 10 other people to a high approaching 75 when a class field trip came by.

For all the controversy over the selection, it was the most moving of the war memorials and tied with the Lincoln as my favorite monuments.

I also visited the holocaust museum and spent about an hour crying.