5/23 gamethread: Angels (28-21) vs Sox (26-20); 7:11; WGN

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
So, let's hypothetically imagine he has that issue and needs the surgery. Recovery time?

Season-ending, I would assume. Didn't Orlando Hudson tear a ligament in his thumb last season and miss the remainder?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Season-ending, I would assume. Didn't Orlando Hudson tear a ligament in his thumb last season and miss the remainder?

I just googled the phrase "Torn thumb ligament" and came up with a couple NBA ones, Artest, Bibby both had that issue in the last year (poor kings!). Both times they cited 8-10 weeks as the recovery time. Same deal for Andy Laroche.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
I just googled the phrase "Torn thumb ligament" and came up with a couple NBA ones, Artest, Bibby both had that issue in the last year (poor kings!). Both times they cited 8-10 weeks as the recovery time. Same deal for Andy Laroche.

Considering they're going to give this as much time as possible to heal, the only way they'd do surgery is if they knew it wouldn't improve during the season. I'm not worried, as this is very hypothetical.

I also just looked up thumb injuries and it indicated whether a full tear or partial tear that you are looking at 4 weeks without movement (basically to get it healthy) and than a 4 week recovery process. I'd say that an 8 week timetable is relatively accurate.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)
I also just looked up thumb injuries and it indicated whether a full tear or partial tear that you are looking at 4 weeks without movement (basically to get it healthy) and than a 4 week recovery process. I'd say that an 8 week timetable is relatively accurate.

Is that surgery though?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
Is that surgery though?

Either way it is the same time period. IF you don't go with surgery, the partial tear takes approximately 4 weeks of rest and than you begin rehab. If you opt for the surgery you are still looking at 4 weeks before rehab starts and both have indicated a similar rehab period.

OC, SS; AJ, C; Q, LF; Dye, RF; Thome, DH; Crede, 3B; Swish, 1B; BA, CF; Rocket, 2B.

per reifert...also says paulie will get maybe the weekend off...uribe on DL, richar beginning rehab...and this pretty funny moment...

Funny moment from the clubhouse ... Nick Swisher introduced himself to Fisk, saying Nick Swisher, "Dirty 30," and laughing.

Ozzie chirped in ... "Did you say .230 or Dirty 30?"

"Hey," said Swish faking hurt feelings. "I've had too many low blows lately. Keep them up here."

meanwhile id even take swisher hitting .230

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 23, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
I have sent my request to Balta that I be re-named to Corncat Pratt.

I love it.

Brokeback was a reference to the time I was thrown off a cow and hurt my back. Now, I am a corncat.

haha what the hell is the deal with the corncat exactly?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
This might be the 3 best pitchers we've faced in one series all season.

whats the weekend look like? weaver tomorrow and santana sunday?

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 24, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
interesting to see how this goes... they're gonna make us earn that 10 game win streak.

When I've seen highlights of Saunders, he's looked fantastic. Plus fastball, change-up, and offspeed pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
When I've seen highlights of Saunders, he's looked fantastic. Plus fastball, change-up, and offspeed pitch.

only 25 Ks so far this year....pretty enigmatic in his career...his minor league track record isnt very impressive with the exception of 2006 at AAA