Pls Say Bye Bye AJP at No. 2 slot in order

greg775

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Your numbers are wrong. He's hitting .292, .333 OBP, in the 2 slot. From ESPN:

Batting #2 65 8 19 3 1 1 6 4 0 10 1 0 .292 .333 .415 .748

He's doing quite well in the 2-hole, better fit than just about anyone else on the team. highest AB/K number on the team outside Cabrera, 2nd highest average on the team, 3rd highest OBP, among starters.

Maybe refresh that page because he has 72 ABs in the 2 hole and his line is .278/.316/.389/.705. That's according to both ESPN and BaseballReference.com

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
I think you owe me an apology, and an edit.

Yeah, I do. Sorry. That was real weird. I checked it twice, because I had posted the same numbers earlier today too (you can see it in an earlier post). I wasn't even on the same computer the two different times either. I have no idea why the data didn't update. He dropped from .292 to .278 and his AB's went up 7, so, that must be last night's game that made the difference.

Anyway, it doesn't change my view that AJ is a solid #2 guy. Ramirez would be fine too while he's hot, as he doesn't strike out much either, and is getting on base plenty.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
Yeah, I do. Sorry. That was real weird. I checked it twice, because I had posted the same numbers earlier today too (you can see it in an earlier post). I wasn't even on the same computer the two different times either. I have no idea why the data didn't update. He dropped from .292 to .278 and his AB's went up 7, so, that must be last night's game that made the difference.

Anyway, it doesn't change my view that AJ is a solid #2 guy. Ramirez would be fine too while he's hot, as he doesn't strike out much either, and is getting on base plenty.

Yeah yeah yeah.

AJ is decent in that role, but for him, he's better in the 6th slot.

I am VERY in favor of seeing Swish in the 2 spot, mostly because he sees so many pitches per at bat and i think he would see more fastballs with Q behind him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
AJ is decent in that role, but for him, he's better in the 6th slot.

Yep, but until PK, JT, and Swish start hitting like major-leaguers, AJ should stay put in the 2-hole.

I am VERY in favor of seeing Swish in the 2 spot, mostly because he sees so many pitches per at bat and i think he would see more fastballs with Q behind him.

Completely agree. When he starts hitting again, he'll definitely be an asset there.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
The ideal #2 guy is a guy who is fast but not as fast as the leadoff man.

He's willing to give himself up at the plate to allow stealing, and can sacrifice bunt better than anyone else on the team.

Can Gordon Beckham bunt?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
I don't know.

But, outside of bunting, that description fits Orlando Cabrera.

But unfortunately...right now, with Swisher's bat having so many holes in it, there's no logical candidate to hit #1.

The problem is the Sox don't have any really complete offensive forces (hit, hit for power, run, patient) outside of Q. (Thank God for Q)

Call me crazy but I'd throw Swisher back up to leadoff. f*** it, so maybe he'll put up a 250/360/380 line -- that's better than O-Cab. Drop Cabrera down to 2nd, as he can acually go the other way and hopefully can get on base around a .340 clip the rest of the way.

Q, and so on down the line.