Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ Chicago White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Don't most ESPN Sunday night games go well over 4 hours? This one lasted about 2 hours.

with our hitting and pitching weve played some ridiculously fast games over the last week

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
Is Linebrink's fastball really hitting 94 right now?

His changeup to strike out Matthews was just awesome. 83 mph and right at the knees. He has three above average pitches now. Definitely not the Linebrink I expected when Williams signed him.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Let's bump the "White Sox sign Scott Linebrink" thread and see who didn't like the deal. :ph34r:

It's a little early to be calling people out for that one. He's only 1/12 of the way into his 4 year deal. One thing's for sure though; his stuff is much much much better this season than it was last year with Milwaukee and San Diego.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Let's bump the "White Sox sign Scott Linebrink" thread and see who didn't like the deal. :ph34r:

I'll tell you one thing, I absolutely hated it. He's definitely proving me wrong so far though, he's looked really good this year.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 25, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
my young child had just been near the computer screen, has now read the word, and is now contemplating a life of crime

Gold is easier to resell than jewels are. :huh

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)

better yet, lets bump all the CQ threads and see who didnt like it...or all the threads that wanted Jerry owens starting instead

i will admit i probably didnt like the linebrink deal too much, mainly cuz the # of years....4 years is still alot...though i knew at the time it addressed a need

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
better yet, lets bump all the CQ threads and see who didnt like it...

People actually complained about the CQ deal? We gave up a AA catcher who may never see the majors.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
People actually complained about the CQ deal? We gave up a AA catcher who may never see the majors.

????

"The Chicago White Sox added depth to their inexperienced outfield Monday, acquiring Carlos Quentin from the Arizona Diamondbacks for minor league first baseman Chris Carter."

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)

Technically speaking, the Sox gave up there best power hitting prospect (personally speaking, Carter is a better power prospect than Fields, albeit more raw). The Dbacks than packaged Carter in a deal with the A's which landed Haren and Carter is amongst the minor league leaders in HR's.

I just want to point this out. I'd make the deal 1000 out of 1000 times though and thats because while Carter is a very good prospect he was still a few years from the majors and Quentin was an all star type prospect who was ready to contribute now and filled a position of greater need (OF compared to 1B, where Carter will inevitably be stuck at).

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)

well we gave up Carter, who was a A ball 1b...and at the time was our position player prospect....not sure that anyone complained about it too much, but there were plenty of people who wanted quentin to have no part of the roster and wanted owens to start because he is fast

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
well we gave up Carter, who was a A ball 1b...and at the time was our position player prospect....not sure that anyone complained about it too much, but there were plenty of people who wanted quentin to have no part of the roster and wanted owens to start because he is fast

Most of those people were on Ozzie's coaching staff and not Soxtalk. In fact, I remember most everyone being downright excited over the Quentin acquisition, much like most of Soxtalk was exstatic over a minor acquisition made by Kenny before the start of the 05 season (Bobby Jenks being claimed off waivers).

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)

Um, it's not even 2 months into that 48 month deal. The main reason a hell of a lot of people hated it was the length.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
Most of those people were on Ozzie's coaching staff and not Soxtalk. In fact, I remember most everyone being downright excited over the Quentin acquisition, much like most of Soxtalk was exstatic over a minor acquisition made by Kenny before the start of the 05 season (Bobby Jenks being claimed off waivers).

Sox talk always seems generally excited over 2 things, young power pitchers and young power hitters. When we got Aardsma, Sisco and whoever else KW got for the 06 pen this place was loving it. I remember making a post about experience and the wildness of unproven youth and was pretty much flamed. Gotta love CQ though. He seems like the real deal.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
Sox talk always seems generally excited over 2 things, young power pitchers and young power hitters. When we got Aardsma, Sisco and whoever else KW got for the 06 pen this place was loving it. I remember making a post about experience and the wildness of unproven youth and was pretty much flamed. Gotta love CQ though. He seems like the real deal.

Remember, while those guys didn't end up panning out and throwing strikes, the big flaw with last years Sox (along with the pen) had to do with the veteran hitters that couldn't do anything worth a damn. Heck, even this year, the biggest problem with the club has to do with its veteran players. The young guys (Danks/Floyd/Quentin/Ramirez (as of late) have all done a great job.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 25, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
It's a little early to be calling people out for that one. He's only 1/12 of the way into his 4 year deal. One thing's for sure though; his stuff is much much much better this season than it was last year with Milwaukee and San Diego.

Coop fixed him .

Quentin is amazing.

You watch his home run and the replay of his home run and he makes it look easy.

Watching Thome, Crede, AJP, Swisher and BA, you realize it's not easy.

Three guys in our lineup got hits tonight and we won.

Thanks to the pitching and the Amazing Quentin.

I just can't believe how he attacks the ball and pops it over the fence and our proven sluggers continue to make weak outs.

GO SOX!