THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER

Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
i am so drunnnnkkkkkk

C motherf***ing Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea!!!

That was so f***ing beast! Jose and Carlos were on fire! Could you imagine how many more game we would've lost with Owens in there instead of Quentin?

Without CQ this team is probably under .500. Seriously, he's a one man wrecking crew. 3-3 2HR, 3RBI 2R and another HBP. I love how on the HBP he didn't even flinch when the ball hit off his hand.

This guy is AWESOME.

And Contreras! HOLY s***! He's been getting lucky this year (not to say he hasn't been good though) but tonight he was DOMINANT. Such a great game to watch him pitch just beautifully.

Team avoids the sweep and picks up some momentum headed into CLE against a desperate Tribe club.

It's strange, whenever Carlos does something amazing I feel a strong sense of pride come over me. I'm not just happy that my favorite baseball play is doing well or that he's helping my favorite team win, I'm legitimately proud of the man.

As great as Carlos has been, I want to point out that without this rotation, you'd be looking at possibly the worse team in baseball. All I can say is that hopefully Q keeps kicking ass and that some of the other bats finger things out (or Kenny finds other guys who can). And to the pitching...keep on being BOSS!!!!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 25, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
It's strange, whenever Carlos does something amazing I feel a strong sense of pride come over me. I'm not just happy that my favorite baseball play is doing well or that he's helping my favorite team win, I'm legitimately proud of the man.

Everything about him makes him easy to root for. He's a rare athlete, blessed with great size, speed and hand eye coordination. He's a quiet and polite guy that doesn't say much but when he does it's all "team team team". He's tough as nails and isn't afraid to give up his body for the team.

Oh, and he leads the AL in OPS and his crouch at the plate is BADASS.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
As great as Carlos has been, I want to point out that without this rotation, you'd be looking at possibly the worse team in baseball. All I can say is that hopefully Q keeps kicking ass and that some of the other bats finger things out (or Kenny finds other guys who can). And to the pitching...keep on being BOSS!!!!

You are correct. This pitching staff has been sick. Buehrle is the only pitcher on the staff with an ERA over 3.80 (not including Wass and his 3 IP).

In the last 6 games the pitching staff has allowed 11 runs (54 IP), and 0 allowed by the bullpen in that run.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)

Half empty. ;)

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 25, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Everything about him makes him easy to root for. He's a rare athlete, blessed with great size, speed and hand eye coordination. He's a quiet and polite guy that doesn't say much but when he does it's all "team team team". He's tough as nails and isn't afraid to give up his body for the team.

Oh, and he leads the AL in OPS and his crouch at the plate is BADASS.

Did anyone hear Joe Morgan call him "QUENTANA" there at the end???? :lolhitting

I would very much like to have a sexy time with Carlos Quentin.

I don't think it's an impossibility to think that he could be the best offensive prospect that the DBacks had in their system...at this point in time, the only other player you could make an argument for is Justin Upton.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
I would very much like to have a sexy time with Carlos Quentin.

I don't think it's an impossibility to think that he could be the best offensive prospect that the DBacks had in their system...at this point in time, the only other player you could make an argument for is Justin Upton.

I think you could probably make a case for Stephen Drew as well. Long term, Drew, like Upton & Quentin are going to be stellar ballplayer. Of course I don't know if Drew would have been considered a prospect still at that time, considering he was playing in the majors while Quentin/Upton were in the minors.

I would also say that Upton is freakishly good. He has such ridiculous bat speed/athletism.

All I can do is laugh now with Q, his greatness right now is beyond words. Great to see Count with the nasty forkball tonight too, he's untouchable when he has it. HUGE HUGE win, let's get it in Cleveland now.

Also, I was at the game (had great seats). Two guys behind the Sox dugout had signs, one said "draft D Rose" and the other said something to the extent of "Yankees and Red Sox highlights NEXT on sportscenter". Did they show that sign on TV? I was dying laughing.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 25, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
Did anyone hear Joe Morgan call him "QUENTANA" there at the end???? :lolhitting

I heard it. There was a guy named Carlos Quintana I believe who played for the Red Sox , 1st baseman, I think in the 80's or early 90's. The decades blend together when you're old .

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 26, 2008 -> 03:37 AM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Quintana

wikipedia says i'm right! (just because nobody has made a page for the ballplayer yet, lol)

Yeah. Like Joe Morgan knows boxing.

If the guy played for the Red Sox, he has a shrine at ESPN.

Oh, by the way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Quinta...eball_player%29