Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
Sat to long and timing off maybe?

Could be...or maybe he just has no bat speed now. He had that great day with 2 homers against Guthrie on April 27th, and then he hurt himself during that dreadful tie game against the Orioles on the 28th. He hasn't hit a homer since that time, and only has 3 doubles. I don't have the slightest clue why they haven't shut him down for two weeks.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:52 AM)
Could be...or maybe he just has no bat speed now. He had that great day with 2 homers against Guthrie on April 27th, and then he hurt himself during that dreadful tie game against the Orioles on the 28th. He hasn't hit a homer since that time, and only has 3 doubles. I don't have the slightest clue why they haven't shut him down for two weeks.

That's what I have been thinking too. If he has a hand injury and can't put the big mean swing on the ball what good is he doing in the lineup except clogging it up. And we have too many doing that now. Nothing wrong with a 15 day DL stint and bring up someone, but maybe a game or three more will tell?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)

I would be ecstatic to Fields or Eldred up instead of him. Right now, Konerko is not threat to hit a homer and with his speed and horrible range, either would be suitable for his replacement because they would be a threat with the bat and bring range to 1st. If you had Fields up, you might just have to throw him at first and see what he can do because he/Q can't play CF and Thome cant play first.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)
Another weak fly ball for Swisher. Get him out of the lineup.

You can say that about 5 or 6 guys right now and we don't have anyone to replace them with except pitchers. Now if they could bat like Gary Peters maybe, but probably not

quick NBA fact i just heard, which is remarkable because you never hear people complain about the big teams always winning in basketball as much as you do in baseball....but 25 of the last 29 NBA championships have been won by either the teams in the conference finals, or the bulls