Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ May 26, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
It's so hilarious that, at this point in the season, OC is universally loathed, and Linebrink's contract is the absolute least of our concerns.

I'm not so sure about that...OC isn't a big concern right now because he's starting to hit. There are FAR bigger black holes in this lineup to sweat over...

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
He reminds me so much of late 90's Ugeth Urbina. Fastball that moves on a horizontal plane - totally unpredictable.

2001-3 Dotel was about as unhittable as anyone while he was toiling as a set-up man in Houston. They had Lidge, Dotel and Billy Wagner.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
2001-3 Dotel was about as unhittable as anyone while he was toiling as a set-up man in Houston. They had Lidge, Dotel and Billy Wagner.

that bullpen was crazy. i remember a game where their starter got hurt in the first inning and their bullpen pitched a no-hitter

realistically, if we draft a guy like smoak, alonso or wallace...that is a polished, fast track 1b...how long til we see him in the majors if all goes as expected? 2010? any hope for mid 2009?

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Its time to bring fields up, I could care less if he Ks, the multimillion dollar thuds that are checking the backs of their cards K as well. At least he can hit lefties, and give us some power. This is sad.

He's hitting .231 with a .286 OBP with 2 homers and fanning 1 out of 3 ABs vs. AAA lefties this year.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2008 -> 06:26 PM)
Its time to bring fields up, I could care less if he Ks, the multimillion dollar thuds that are checking the backs of their cards K as well. At least he can hit lefties, and give us some power. This is sad.

Yep, put Konerko on the DL and bring up Fields.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 27, 2008 -> 02:28 AM)
realistically, if we draft a guy like smoak, alonso or wallace...that is a polished, fast track 1b...how long til we see him in the majors if all goes as expected? 2010? any hope for mid 2009?

2010 would be my guess

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)

Fields needs to be up, for the very reason that he would be a real asset to our bench.