Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 26, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
quick NBA fact i just heard, which is remarkable because you never hear people complain about the big teams always winning in basketball as much as you do in baseball....but 25 of the last 29 NBA championships have been won by either the teams in the conference finals, or the bulls

Throw the Rockets in there and it would be 27 out of 29

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 26, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
quick NBA fact i just heard, which is remarkable because you never hear people complain about the big teams always winning in basketball as much as you do in baseball....but 25 of the last 29 NBA championships have been won by either the teams in the conference finals, or the bulls

In the NBA, one guy can make a difference. MJ, Shaq...

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
In the NBA, one guy can make a difference. MJ, Shaq...

no doubt, i was just surprised because it was something i hadnt really thought about, and nobody really complains or talks about parity like they do in MLB or NFL

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 26, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
no doubt, i was just surprised because it was something i hadnt really thought about, and nobody really complains or talks about parity like they do in MLB or NFL

I think it would be an issue if not as many teams made the playoffs. Baseball IMO gets the parity talk because it has the fewest playoff teams. How many teams go more than 10 years without a playoff appearance?

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
The Indians announcers are the polar opposite of Hawk. They are extremely critical of their own players.

their color guy is a brutal homer most of the time...he may be critical of his own guys but outside of blylevyn hes one of my least favorite guys to listen to

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Those looked like strikes when they crossed. CQ should have known to swing after the first two were called strikes. It's ok, good to see us fight back.

They were pretty good pitches. Not that its an excuse not to swing though.

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ May 27, 2008 -> 01:10 AM)
The Indians announcers are the polar opposite of Hawk. They are extremely critical of their own players.

There are some good announcers out there that call a great game even when their team isn't performing well