Orlando Cabrera Calls Press Box to Complain During Game

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think this is pretty f***ed up. You want to make your case after the game or something fine...but during the game...he should be focused on winning. That is not being a team player...or setting an example for your teammates...that is being selfish and worried about how an error might look when you're a FA next year.

Cabrera is quickly becoming the most unlikable player on the roster. In addition to completely sucking at the plate and his mediocre (at best) defense we now have to put up with his big mouth too. What a joke this trade is turning into. This guy can't be sent packing soon enough. I just pray he somehow does enough to maintain his type A status before his ass leaves town.

Well I think this is pretty f***ed up. You want to make your case after the game or something fine...but during the game...he should be focused on winning. That is not being a team player...or setting an example for your teammates...that is being selfish and worried about how an error might look when you're a FA next year.

That is, assuming, none of his teammates egged him into calling the pressbox. We'll never know, because none of us were actually IN THE DUGOUT.

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ May 26, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
That is, assuming, none of his teammates egged him into calling the pressbox. We'll never know, because none of us were actually IN THE DUGOUT.

If he's a true leader, why would egging him on make him do something so selfish?

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ May 26, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)

and who the hell's gonna egg someone on to call the press box and b**** about an error... no one i can think of...

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 26, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
and who the hell's gonna egg someone on to call the press box and b**** about an error... no one i can think of...

And from the article he called the press box twice that night. I hope he has a big rest of the season, then he can take his crybaby self somewhere else.

Cabrera could easily have AT LEAST 2 or 3 more errors this year if not for questionable scorekeeping. So not only is this dumb, but Cabrera is the LAST guy that should be b****ing about this with the luck he's had this year getting help from the press box scoring.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 26, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
Why would a player actually care about something like that "during" a game?

Cabrera's clearly only trying to help the team. The fewer errors he's charged with, the better the chance is that he'll wind up as a type A free agent when he walks at the end of the year, and that gets us an extra draft pick!

Like fathom has said several times before, lets pray we don't sign him to an extension, and also lets pray that his play isn't so bad this season that he doesn't lose type A free agent status.

As for possible replacements, I'm looking at Rafael Furcal. It'd cost a pretty penny, but he'd be a good leadoff hitter (I'd expect around .285/.350/.415 out of him with the ability to steal upwards to 30-40 bases, which isn't great, but it's better than what we've had for the past 2-3 years).

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ May 26, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
Does he have a C on his jersey? Who has dubbed him "leader"? What makes trying to get an error changed "selfish". You people read too much into frivilous s***. Get over it.

I agree completely, no one calls pauly selfish when he complains about a hang whiffle called third strike right down the middle. Defense is just as important if not more important, and orlando is definitely someone who takes pride in his defense.

I agree completely, no one calls pauly selfish when he complains about a hang whiffle called third strike right down the middle. Defense is just as important if not more important, and orlando is definitely someone who takes pride in his defense.

You're right, Next time OC stands at the plate too long arguing over a called third strike I'm sure he'll be crucified for that too.

I guarantee this much the same people ripping him now, would be the same people holding his nuts if he did the same thing, but instead he was batting .330 w/35 rbi.

"YEAH OC, THAT'S BULLs***, HE SHOULDVE ARGUED THAT CALL, YOU DONT GIVE AN ALLSTAR AN ERROR ON THAT PLAY"

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
OC's received the most favorable official scoring of any Sox player I can ever remember. For him to be complaining about it, I am stunned. Hopefully he'll continue to get on base a few times each game like he has been recently.

you cannot win gold gloves without a bit of politicing. I am sure this is not the first time he has done this.

QUOTE (quickman @ May 26, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
you cannot win gold gloves without a bit of politicing. I am sure this is not the first time he has done this.

good point there. kinda like how jeter has won several gold glove awards but he's been an average to below average ss for several years now

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
Cabrera's clearly only trying to help the team. The fewer errors he's charged with, the better the chance is that he'll wind up as a type A free agent when he walks at the end of the year, and that gets us an extra draft pick!

I'm all for him staying a Type A Free Agent, but I highly doubt that was his motive.