Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quite obvious what happened to Konerko that inning. Perhaps his hand was effecting him, or he was still thinking about his last at bat, or he just f***ed up the catch at 1st. And then on the rundown, Konerko was trying so hard to not f*** up again, he aimed the ball instead of throwing it home.

s*** happens.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Thome and AJ have been more than acceptable against lefties this year.

did you see them last thursday against the Laffey Taffey?

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
quite obvious what happened to Konerko that inning. Perhaps his hand was effecting him, or he was still thinking about his last at bat, or he just f***ed up the catch at 1st. And then on the rundown, Konerko was trying so hard to not f*** up again, he aimed the ball instead of throwing it home.

s*** happens.

Ok...s*** happens but you need to improve from it. PK sucks every start of the season and then he gets his 30 HRs from games that dont worth s***.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
WHHHHHAAAAA?????

Thome vs. LH

.229/302/604

AJ vs. LH

270/289/432

They've looked better than last year, when they were both pathetic. I'm not generally a stat guy, but I understand your point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:19 PM)
Please god no more Konerko hand excuses. Dude is just a bad baseball player right now. If it's that bad, sit your ass down for a couple weeks.

I concur. He should be just DL'ed. There's really no need to risk his hand to get any worse, when he's not producing at all, and now his D seems to be taking a hit from the hand/lack of offensive production. Let him sit for two weeks, get treatments on the hand, and see how it is after 2 weeks to a month. If there are still problems, might as well opt for the surgery and shut him down for the rest of the year, and call up Fields.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
I did not... rough?

AJ only pitch hit(i dont believe against Laffey)

Thome went 0-4 that game with 3 SO and 3 LOB .. 3 ABs against Laffey 3ks

QUOTE (rafacosta @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
Ok...s*** happens but you need to improve from it. PK sucks every start of the season and then he gets his 30 HRs from games that dont worth s***.

I know it sounded like I was making an excuse for Konerko, but that honestly was not my intention.

However, Konerko is a hell of a lot better hitter than people give him credit for. Last year he sucked, but he actually did better in the 1st half of the season then he did in the second half. But aside from 07 and 03 (and so far 08), Konerko has been one of the better hitters in the league. I don't really think you can say that in 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 05, and 06 that he only hit in the meaningless games.

why do we hear whispers this year that dye was probably playing hurt all of last year, and we never really heard a thing about it, yet konerko hurts his hand and its all over the media?

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:32 AM)
why do we hear whispers this year that dye was probably playing hurt all of last year, and we never really heard a thing about it, yet konerko hurts his hand and its all over the media?

Because Dye could have possibly been traded.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:39 AM)
I'm just going to hope the Sox losing tonight brings out dumb, irrational posts from people, or some of the posts in this thread are unreal.

Safe to say I'm optimistic compared to most in here?