Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
we got two back and it's only the third inning. This game ain't ovah until it's ovah I tell you.

especially if we can get into that pen

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
we got two back and it's only the third inning. This game ain't ovah until it's ovah I tell you.

And Mark is settling down. THing is, doesn't look like he'll go any more than 5 unless he gets REAL economical.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
to his credit, Mark sometimes has these total focusless first few innings and then gets it all together out of nowhere.

That's called sack. Burls is a competitor. He may not have great stuff that night, but he'll battle his ass off, always has.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:59 AM)
especially if we can get into that pen

I remember this same thing in Boston some years back when they had Pedro Martinez and he was pitching against the Pale Hose. Folks here were crying and I commented that all you have to do is hang in there against Pedro until we got to their pen. We did and the Chisox won the game in the 8th or 9th inning against the bullpen. Same thing here.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
I remember this same thing in Boston some years back when they had Pedro Martinez and he was pitching against the Pale Hose. Folks here were crying and I commented that all you have to do is hang in there against Pedro until we got to their pen. We did and the Chisox won the game in the 8th or 9th inning against the bullpen. Same thing here.

or opening day this year...even though we lost

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
Swisher's got a shot at the Mendoza line by the end of this game.

he was right on it last night when he singled to leadoff the 12th

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
Swisher's got a shot at the Mendoza line by the end of this game.

He'll have to go on a diet right now to get that low. If the Mendoza line is an individual thing I think Swisher is already there. Hard to figure out.

It's nice to see Toby hall got a double. I was worried that he was all singles. He is getting on base, but doesn;'t he have a history of hitting with some power? I think a few doubles is all we have seen as far as extra base hits from Toby

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:15 AM)
if anyone thought our guys have bad bat speed....flip over to espn...edmonds is batting

The guy is one great defensive of'er, but I think his batting days are history. I always liked Edmonds though