5/27 Games

NorthSideSox72

Charlotte @ Rochester, 6:05pm CT, Whisler (5-2, 2.68) goes for the Knights

Jacksonville @ B-Ham, 7:05pm CT, McCulloch (2-4, 3.93) starts for the Barons

Myrtle Beach @ W-S, 6:00pm CT, starter not yet announced, but I believe it will be Levi Maxwell (0-1, 6.43 in 2 starts)

Kanny beat Hagerstown 10-9 in a wild one. Lyndon Estill knocked in the winner with a single in the bottom of the ninth. Details...

L Johnson: 4-5, HR, 2B, 4 R, 4 RBI, scored winning run (now hitting .288/.374/.479)

Mollenhauer: 2-6, 2 R

Gallagher: 2-5, HR, BB, 3 RBI, R

Estill: 2-6, RBI

Skogley: 4 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 5 BB, 3 K

Mabee: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K (ERA now 1.26, WHIP is 1.18, 31 K in 28.2 IP)

Santiago (W, 3-0): 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K

Yea, I left the game after the 5th, but that was due to the temperature (and it was like 5-0 at that point). Uribe in the lineup tonight at 2nd. Funny how when I went to a Sox game last August, the 1-4 tonight for Charlotte were all playing (Owens, Uribe, Richar, Fields was the 1-4). I wish Charlotte played here more than once a year, oh well.

They only come to Indianapolis once this year too. Last year they made 2 trips to Indy, Toledo and Columbus and I was able to see them 3 times. I just hope I can get out of work to see them in July. Did you get to talk to any of them? Last year my boy got to talk to Josh Fields twice before he got called up.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 27, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
David Cook is absolutely unconscious.

After going 3-3 plus 2 walks tonight, he's up to a .327 BA on the year... OBP over .470... a .610 SLG...

He is 1st in the Southern League in OBP and 3rd in OPS.

The Barons are unconscious. 11-0 last night, 13-3 tonight. The magic number is down to 13. The first half division title is within reach.

cook is old, especially for AA, but hes an interesting guy as he has always had solid plate discipline and good power...id like to see what he can do at AAA...the guy is almost 27, its not like wed be rushing him

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 28, 2008 -> 08:50 AM)
cook is old, especially for AA, but hes an interesting guy as he has always had solid plate discipline and good power...id like to see what he can do at AAA...the guy is almost 27, its not like wed be rushing him

When you see a guy like that, who struggled through a first few years in the low minors, then suddenly takes off the last couple (which he has)... you have to wonder if he's "figured it out", or if he's just outgrown his cohorts. A trip through AAA should tell us which it is.

And unlike some folks, I personally have no problem with a guy who is 28 at AAA and raking, if he really did just take a few extra years to figure things out. If he can contribute at the major league level, even if he's in his late 20's, so be it. Maybe not as ideal as a 22 year old, but still of value.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
When you see a guy like that, who struggled through a first few years in the low minors, then suddenly takes off the last couple (which he has)... you have to wonder if he's "figured it out", or if he's just outgrown his cohorts. A trip through AAA should tell us which it is.

And unlike some folks, I personally have no problem with a guy who is 28 at AAA and raking, if he really did just take a few extra years to figure things out. If he can contribute at the major league level, even if he's in his late 20's, so be it. Maybe not as ideal as a 22 year old, but still of value.

Excellent philosophy.