**Palehose vs. Injuns Game Thread** 11:05 ct

Brian

also, isn't it supposed to be a called strike now if a hitter calls time when the pitcher has already started their motion? i heard something about that to speed up the game...or maybe they were just wrong because it was on the ESPN telecast last sunday

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
also, isn't it supposed to be a called strike now if a hitter calls time when the pitcher has already started their motion? i heard something about that to speed up the game...or maybe they were just wrong because it was on the ESPN telecast last sunday

i think if they do it twice.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 28, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
i think if they do it twice.

either that or they're not supposed to be allowed to grant time or something. either way, this ump didn't get the memo

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
WTF JD?

Entitlement. There's no other reason for a decision like putting Jermaine Dye in rightfield (when he should be in left) or giving Thome endless at-bats or not DL'ing Konerko. Damn it, I am so tired of non-production being rewarded as long as it's a veteran player.

Do what's best for the team, and that is NOT Dye in rightfield, no matter if he occasionally runs as slowly as Richie Zisk, lays out his frame and catches a ball once in awhile.